Topic: Embedding in Office 365

I've downloaded and created a SimpleView gallery which I want to put into my website which is on MS Office365. Its a simple, template-based web-builder, and one embeds HTMLs via a 'gadget' (or 'module' in previous MS OLSB.)  BUT having copied my gallery's Embed Code (looking just like I'm told it should in “Embedding into a HTML page”) in the frame all I get  is a double dotted line. 
How come ?   What has to be done to insert the gallery ?
Ideally I'd like the site page to hyperlink to the gallery, so that opening the web-page isn't slowed down.

Re: Embedding in Office 365

BUT having copied my gallery's Embed Code (looking just like I'm told it should in “Embedding into a HTML page”) in the frame all I get  is a double dotted line.

If using an <iframe> the 'src' attribute of the <iframe> should point to the gallery's HTML index page (into which the gallery is actually embedded using the embedding code).
For example, the <iframe> line of code might look something like this:

<iframe src="http://www.example.com/gallery_folder/index.html" width="800" height="600" frameborder="0" scrolling="0"></iframe>

Ideally I'd like the site page to hyperlink to the gallery, so that opening the web-page isn't slowed down.

In order to link directly to a gallery (to have the gallery open up in a new tab/window in the user's browser), use an HTML hyperlink to the gallery's HTML index page.
For example, the link might look something like this:

<a href="http://www.example.com/gallery_folder/index.html">Click here to open gallery</a>

When creating a gallery in svBuilder, the gallery's HTML index page is automatically created and named 'index.html' by default (though this can be changed on svBuilder's 'Publish' tab).

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

You'll have to take me slowly thru this. ( I'd like to say its not beyond me, only that its new to me. I'm not a writer of HTML, but am just becoming aware of the fundamentals of it. Up to now I've used template-builders for my website www.speedwaychampions.com (OLSB), now  … .sharepoint.com (O365)) so don't (can't ?) access the html of them.

Are you saying to add that extra line to the embed code ?  But I don’t see where I get the gallery's HTML index page from, - ? (No “www.  …/index.html” locatable.)  Should I have typed it into 'Index page name' instead of just 'GKey.html'  ?
When I open svBuilder it can't locate to open a (my) existing gallery. I can find it in my folder, but its a File, (a Firefox Document file) along with Images, svcore, Thumbs folders and Gallery xml, and it then opens in my browser as a file, “file:///  …../Gkey.html”  not as a www....  .
I've just tried putting that file in place of the www... ; some progress: a frame, with IE logo and saying IE can't display the webpage.

Re hyperlink;  With no url I tried that file ref from the browser header as a hyperlink but that didn'twork.
I suspect my underlying problem is getting the gallery made and correctly assigned in the first place. -?
Your help much needed, please.

Are you saying to add that extra line to the embed code ?

Use either the embedding code or the <iframe> code (not both).

But I don’t see where I get the gallery's HTML index page from, - ? (No “www.  …/index.html” locatable.)  Should I have typed it into 'Index page name' instead of just 'GKey.html'  ?

If you created a gallery with svBuilder and typed in 'GKey.html' in the 'Index Page Name' field on the 'Publish' tab, then your gallery's HTML index page is 'GKey.html'.
Therefore, if using an <iframe>, your code would look something like this:

<iframe src="http://www.example.com/gallery_folder/GKey.html" width="800" height="600" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

... and a hyperlink to the gallery would look something like this:

<a href="http://www.example.com/gallery_folder/GKey.html">Click here to open gallery</a>

and it then opens in my browser as a file, “file:///  …../Gkey.html”  not as a www....  .

Your browser (Firefox) opens the gallery's HTML index page and shows its location in the address bar.
Because you are opening the file from your hard drive, the address bar shows 'file:///'.
If you were to upload the gallery folder to your web server and open the gallery's HTML index page using the version stored on the web server (rather than the version on your local hard drive), then the address bar would show something like 'http://www' (depending on your domain name).

Essentially, the steps required to create and link to (rather than embed) a gallery are:
(1) Create a gallery in svBuilder. You can change the 'Index Page Name' if you like. There is no need to keep it as the default 'index.html'.
(2) Upload the entire gallery folder (not just the contents) to your web server
(3) Add the hyperlink code (as found above) to the existing HTML page into which you'd like to add the link

To embed a gallery in an existing HTML page (rather than link directly to the gallery), follow steps #1 and #2 above and then replace the hyperlink code from step #3 with either an <iframe> or embedding code as found here: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/su … l#external

Steven Speirs

QUOTE  "If you were to upload the gallery folder to your web server... "  UNQUOTE.
Thanks Steve,
That's the step I've not done and not sure I know how to or have a momentary blank.
If you'll instruct me on that that then I think the rest is logical to me.
Thanks

You'll need an FTP program in order to upload your gallery to your web server.
A suitable (and free) program would be Filezilla though there any many others.
All you would need to do is provide Filezilla with the Username and Password to your web space and then drag-and-drop the entire gallery folder into the right-hand pane.

Steven Speirs

Thanks Steve. I've installed Firezilla Client, (hope thats the right one, not Server,) but I'm still unsure what to enter, - in Qucikconnect - , for the 4 fields there.
"..the Username  and P/word to my web space.. " ( ?  To Speedway Champions?):  I've entered the u/name & p/word for entry to Office365 (there's no further log-ins to move to the MS Office site builder; its open public access for viewing: no u/name p/words.) But it wants a Host. What do I enter for Host ?
"...entire gallery folder to rh pane."   When I created my svGallery and got its file plus Images, svcore, Thumbs folders and Gallery xml, I arbitarilly made a new sub-folder ("sv G Key Gallery") to put those 5 items in for convenience. Locating that on Lhs 'Local Site' and trying to drag it to rhs doesn't work, not to Remote site or to File Name box.

According to this post in the Office 365 forum, it will not be possible to use FTP to upload files: http://community.office365.com/en-us/f/152/t/7793.aspx
Apologies for suggesting Filezilla. I am not familiar with Office 365.
If you had some web space provided by a regular web host, they would provide you with a username and password to login to your web space (using an FTP client program such as Filezilla) in order to add/remove/rename files and folders on your web space as if they were on your own computer's hard drive.
It looks like you might need to contact Office 365 support in order to find out how to upload the files necessary for a SimpleViewer gallery (ie. your gallery folder).
If this proves difficult (or impossible), then you could perhaps sign up with a regular web host (there are many free ones which would be suitable for hosting a SimpleViewer gallery), upload your gallery there and use an <iframe> within Office 365 to display the gallery.

Steven Speirs