Topic: simpleviewer breaks mobile layout

Hi there,

I'm using Simpleviewer Pro v2.2 and am NOT using a fixed layout.  My site without Simpleviewer scales on mobile devices perfectly. With Simpleviewer, it doesn't scale at all.  I've been doing some testing and the only way to get the page to scale correctly is by removing the <script type="text/javascript" src="svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script> line, which obviously isn't a solution.  Any thoughts?

Here's XML just in case:

<simpleviewergallery

maxImageWidth="730"
    maxImageHeight="383"
    imageQuality="90"
    thumbWidth="75"
    thumbHeight="75"
    thumbQuality="90"
    useFlickr="false"
    resizeOnImport="false"
    cropToFit="false"
    backgroundTransparent="true"
    frameWidth="1"
    thumbPosition="NONE"
    enableLooping="true"
    randomizeImages="true"
    showOverlay="NEVER"
    showImageNav="ALWAYS"
    showBigPlayButton="false"
    captionPosition="OVERLAY_BOTTOM"
    captionFontSize="12"
    imageNumberFontSize="11"
    captionBackColor="333333"
    captionWidth="730"
    captionDropShadow="false"
    captionHeight="120"
    autoPlayOnLoad="false"
    showOpenButton="false"
    showFullscreenButton="false"
    captionFontColor="FFFFFF"
    showImageNumber="true"
    captionBackOpacity="90"
    floatCaption="false"
    stageVAlign="TOP"
    stageHAlign="LEFT"
    stageHPadding="30"
    stageBorder="10"
    displayTime="10"
    imagePreloading="NONE"

>

Thanks,

Denise

Re: simpleviewer breaks mobile layout

If you wish a SimpleViewer gallery to dynamically scale with the size of the browser window, then the gallery dimensions (and those of all the gallery's parent containers) should be expressed as percentages. As soon as an absolute pixel value is introduced, then this dimension will be fixed and not fluid.
If you continue to experience difficulties, please post the URL to your page so that we can take a look.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks for the quick reply Steven - so there's no way of getting this to work within my existing infrastructure that scales correctly already?  I would need to convert all containers currently in pixels to percentages in order the embed the gallery?

I would need to convert all containers currently in pixels to percentages in order the embed the gallery?

All containers that wrap around the gallery.
For example, even if your gallery has a width of 100%, if a parent container of the gallery has a width of 800px, then the gallery's width will become 100% of 800px (= 800px) regardless of the user's browser size.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.