Topic: how to update embedded viewer

I have my album looking and working just perfectly in the SV Builder Pro, but I can't seem to update my website. I'm doing all the updating through Dreamweaver CS3. I save the viewer folder to my local website folder and then upload to the server. I was able to update one layout issue, but none of the controls (nav buttons or auto play, and auto play repeat) aren't updating. Here's the link to the page I'm working on (it's live, but not public).

I've tried deleting the album's folder off the server and re-uploading, deleting the cache in the browser, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.jasonballinteriors.com/copy- … -home.html

Re: how to update embedded viewer

If you are having trouble using Dreamweaver's own uploading functionality, try using a dedicated FTP program such as Filezilla instead.
Also, check that each step in the process is being completed successfully.
After deleting the existing gallery from your web server (before uploading the new one), clear your browser's cache and try to view the gallery.
You should see a blank area. If the gallery is still being displayed then either the gallery has not actually been deleted from the web server or your browser's cache has not successfully been cleared.
Once you are sure that the existing gallery has been deleted, then upload the new gallery (and once again) clear your browser's cache before trying to view it.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks Steven. I figured it out on my own. What I noticed was that once I selected "use flash," everything worked perfectly. Some of the features (which I didn't know) are flash based. Now, all my galleries work on my MBP and all mobile devices. The only thing I noticed is that I can't have the albums on mobile devices automatically loop.

The only thing I noticed is that I can't have the albums on mobile devices automatically loop.

That is correct. AutoPlay functionality is not featured in the Mobile Player.
The Mobile Player options can be found here: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/pr … tml#mobile

Steven Speirs

Thanks Steven. One nice feature on the mobile album would be a loop function - when a user comes to the end of the album, the "next" button takes them back to the first pic. Otherwise, thanks for a great product. It made my job of migrating over to a mobile-ready album so much easier than I was thinking it was going to be.

It made my job of migrating over to a mobile-ready album so much easier than I was thinking it was going to be.

That's great to hear. I'm glad you are enjoying using SimpleViewer-Pro.

One nice feature on the mobile album would be a loop function - when a user comes to the end of the album, the "next" button takes them back to the first pic.

Please post feature requests in this thread so that they are not overlooked. Thank you.

Steven Speirs