Topic: Slow starting with white window

Hi,

my english is not so good, but i try to explane my problem.

I build a gallery with my svBuilder-Pro (version v2.1.3).

In the webside i start the gallery with javascript-option onClick="window.open

It works but it need between 3 to 6 seconds until something is to see on the (first) white PopUp-Window.

Ist it possiple to speed up this time or show directly after starting the popup a loading-button, so users can see that something happend in the background?

You can the the problem on this side by click on the gallery at the to of content-area ( http://www.kempf-theater.de/haus-am-see/index.shtml )

Thx for Help

Re: Slow starting with white window

The gallery loads in less than a second for me (in a browser that has not cached any of your pages).
Perhaps the speed of your internet connection is a contributing factor.
If you wish a message to be displayed before the gallery is shown, place it inside the 'sv-container' <div>. The contents of this <div> should be shown initially but will be then be replaced with the gallery.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thx for help, but where can i find the 'sv-container'?

The 'sv-container' is the <div> into which the gallery is embedded in your HTML page.
It currently looks like this:

<div id="sv-container"></div>

Try changing it to the following:

<div id="sv-container">Insert your 'Gallery loading...' message here.</div>

Ideally, the gallery should start loading at such a speed that the message should not remain long enough on the screen for a user to read.

Steven Speirs

Hm - i found the div-tag in the index.html of gallery directory and insert a text and try also a small animated loding-gif, but both does not appear in the white popup.

If i delete the browser-cache it needs about 2 or 3 seconds until black-galarey-background appear but not text or gif before appearing? what could be wrong?

Perhaps the gallery starts loading almost immediately (effectively overwriting the text in the <div> immediately after it has been displayed and before you can read it) but takes a while to complete.
If the speed of your internet connection is a contributing factor, it might be reassuring to know that your gallery loads in less than a second for me (in a browser that has not cached any of your pages) and so other users may also not experience any delay.

Steven Speirs

I think the problem is not the loading time of the gallery, but the reading time from gallery-directory.

Now i change the popup-window background-colour into black. it looks better.

To solve my problem it would be the best to insert the loading-image in the java-script-code before calling the gallery.

Now i fix the problem with an animated background gif  smile

I'm glad you have found a suitable workaround for your problem. Thank you for posting back to let us know.

Steven Speirs