Topic: thumbnails missing

I often get missing images in thumbnails .
How can I avoid this?
see here.

Re: thumbnails missing

Make sure that the paths to the thumbnail images specified by the thumbURLs in your gallery's XML files are correct.
Also, make sure that the filenames and filename extensions have the correct case (upper vs lower) to match their corresponding entries in the gallery's XML file.
If you continue to experience difficulties, please post the URL to your gallery so that we can take a look.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I post the url:
Burocropoli

the problem is especially with IE7.

Last edited by vismo (2012-03-01 15:04:36)

Thank you for providing the URL to your gallery.
Your gallery does not have any thumbURLs specified in the gallery's XML file and, thus, the main images (1600px x 1200px) are being used as the thumbnails (which have a default size of 75px x 75px).
Try creating dedicated smaller thumbnails and using the thumbURL attributes in your gallery's XML file to point to them.
You could use svBuilder (which comes with SimpleViewer-Standard) to create your gallery which would automatically create dedicated thumbnails for you: http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … svbuilder/

Steven Speirs

ty, this solve smile
but why thumb not work if not maded with svBuilder?
do it need to be 75px x 75px?

but why thumb not work if not maded with svBuilder?

Thumbnails do not need to be made with svBuilder to work.

do it need to be 75px x 75px?

This is the default size for thumbnails and is the size at which thumbnails are displayed in SimpleViewer-Standard.
SimpleViewer-Pro users can set the thumbnail size using the Pro-only options thumbWidth and thumbHeight.
In either case, it is recommended that thumbURLs are used in the gallery's XML file and that the thumbnails are the actual size at which they are displayed by SimpleViewer.

Steven Speirs