Topic: Cannot get gallery to show up on site, new to site-building.

I have not been able to find an answer on the forums for my problem. I am using dream weaver for my site and I cannot get the gallery to show up. I want it to load in the page section of the homepage ( which is where I pasted the code). The source code/homepage for my site is index.html. I noticed that SV creates an index.html file as well, I dont know if this is causing an Issue. Also when I paste my code into the page it creates a new tab in Dreamweaver next to the CSS styles tab. when I click on this tab it says 'simpleviewer.js not in local disk' even though the simpleviewer folder with that file is defintely in my dreamweaver site folder. And yes, all the files are in the public html section of my site.  Here is the code of the index.html page, followed by the CSS styles sheet:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
<title>The Art of Ryan J Compton</title>
<link href="styles.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
</head>

<body>
<div id="container">
    <div id="header"></div>
    <div id="navbar"><a href="index.html">Paintings</a> <a href="about.html">About</a> <a href="contact.html">Contact</a></div>
    <div id="page"><!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED.-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
simpleviewer.ready(function () {
simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "100%", "222222", true);
});
</script>
<div id="sv-container"></div>
<!-- END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED --></div>
<div id="header"></div>
    <div id="footer"></div>
</div>
</body>
</html>

/* CSS Document */

body {
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    color: #333;
    background-image: none;
    width: 1500px;
    background-color: #333;
}

#container {
    margin: 30px;
    padding: 15px;
    width: 975px;
    border-top-color: #FFF;
    border-right-color: #FFF;
    border-bottom-color: #FFF;
    border-left-color: #FFF;
    background: rgba(255,255,255,.7);
    height: auto;

}
#container #header {
    background-image: url(DSC07018.JPG);
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    height: 50px;
}
#container #page {
    font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
    background-color: #FC0;
    height: 1500px;
    margin: 20px;
    padding: 20px;
    background: rgba(204,255,51,.7);
    width: 975px;
}
#page img {
    border: 6px solid #0C0;
    top: auto;
}
h1 {
    font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif;
    color: #999;
}
.bodytext {
    font-family: "Lucida Sans Unicode", "Lucida Grande", sans-serif;
    line-height: normal;
    color: #C3C;
    margin: 20px;
    padding: 20px;
    text-indent: 14;
}

#footer {
    background-color: #C36;
    height: 50px;
}

#container #navbar {
    background-color: #0FC;
    height: 30px;
}
#container #navbar a {
    font-family: "Trebuchet MS", Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
    font-size: 24px;
    color: #FFF;
    text-decoration: none;
    margin-left: 15px;
}
#container #navbar a:hover {
    font-family: "Trebuchet MS", Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
    font-size: 24px;
    color: #600;
    text-decoration: none;
    margin-left: 15px;
}

Re: Cannot get gallery to show up on site, new to site-building.

I am using dream weaver for my site and I cannot get the gallery to show up.

Please see the 'Embedding Using Dreamweaver' section of the 'SimpleViewer Embedding Guide' in case it helps: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/su … reamweaver

I noticed that SV creates an index.html file as well, I dont know if this is causing an Issue.

The 'index.html' file created by svBuilder-Pro is required only if you wish to view the gallery on its own page (eg. linking to the gallery from another page) or wish to embed the gallery into another page using an <iframe> (in which case the gallery's 'index.html' page is the page which should be loaded into the <iframe>).
If you embed the gallery into a page using the recommended embedding code, then the gallery's own 'index.html' file is not required and can safely be renamed or deleted (though please make a backup of any files you plan to delete in case you change your mind and require the file at a later date).

Also when I paste my code into the page it creates a new tab in Dreamweaver next to the CSS styles tab. when I click on this tab it says 'simpleviewer.js not in local disk' even though the simpleviewer folder with that file is defintely in my dreamweaver site folder.

Looking at your code, the gallery's 'svcore' folder should be in the same directly as the HTML page whose code you posted. Make sure that it has been uploaded to the correct location.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thank you for your response,

The problem is still not solved. The folders all seem to be in the correct place. Do I need to have each individual file from the svcore folder separated, or does it work to just have the folder in the proper place? I am trying to embed the viewer so that it is on my homepage, I have placed the SV files in the same folder, does SV need to have its own page? Not sure what else to do.

Do I need to have each individual file from the svcore folder separated, or does it work to just have the folder in the proper place?

The files within the 'svcore' folder should not be moved.

does SV need to have its own page?

A SimpleViewer gallery needs to have its own HTML index page only if you wish to view the gallery on its own or wish to embed the gallery into an existing page using an <iframe> rather than the recommended embedding code.

Not sure what else to do.

Please post the URL to your web page so that we can take a look and help further.

Steven Speirs

www.ryancomptonart.com

Its obviously still not completed, but the gallery should be showing up on the home page called "paintings"

Thank you for providing the link to your web page.
Your gallery's 'svcore' folder should be uploaded to the root of your web space (alongside your http://www.ryancomptonart.com/index.html page) but it does not seem to be there.
Your gallery's XML file ('gallery.xml') should also be located in the same directory (the root of your web space alongside your 'index.html' page and the 'svcore' folder) but it, too, is missing.

Steven Speirs

Looks like everything is where it should be. When the page tries to load, gives the error message "simpleviewer is undefined"

Try going to http://www.ryancomptonart.com/svcore/js/simpleviewer.js or http://www.ryancomptonart.com/gallery.xml in a browser and you will see that both URLs give an error 404 (file not found).
If you are sure that all the required files have been uploaded to their correct locations, then perhaps try contacting your web host to ask why they are not publicly accessible.

Steven Speirs