Topic: Embedded Audio

To start I'd like to say thanks to Steven for a great piece of code, i think it just rocks.

I'd like to embed a piece of audio in my Tiltviewer page.  I am using the transparent background version.

The big challenge with embedded audio is cross platform compatibility (eg, Firefox does not support .mp3)

Tiltviewer does a great job of audio using flash. How do I take advantage of the existing library and use it to play a piece of background audio?  (Iv'e been using an embed tag with .mp3, but of course Firefox does not play this)

Apologies - I am a total code doofus! - any examples will have to be quite literal big_smile

Many thanks in anticipation

Re: Embedded Audio

To start I'd like to say thanks to Steven for a great piece of code, i think it just rocks.

Thank you, but I did not write it! You have Felix to thank for that!

Tiltviewer does a great job of audio using flash.

TiltViewer-Pro does not have background audio functionality (like SimpleViewer-Pro does).
If you wish to have a background audio track on your web page, you might like to consider embedding a Flash MP3 player onto the same page as your TiltViewer gallery.
One such Flash MP3 player (though there are many others) would be Dewplayer. Dewplayer is under Creative Commons licence. The usage is totally free even for commercial purposes (but not reselling it).
Instructions on how to use Dewplayer and embed it in an HTML page can be found on the same page as the download.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.