Topic: No background image

I built the page in SVPro2, uploaded it and have been making a few changes via svManager with all but 1 change working fine. I can't get the background image I want to test, to show up on the page. I put the URL in and even set the background color to transparent with no luck. I know the path to the background is right because I can C&P the identical link into a new tab and see the .jpg image. I tried a different background from one of my other websites with no luck.

Here's the page I'm trying to get a background image on: http://www.centerlinephotography.net/ga … treet_art/

Last edited by PapaGeo09 (2012-03-01 03:05:09)

Re: No background image

I found an issue, but not a solution.

If I remove the www. from the address when using the view button in svManager, I see the page as intended. I unlisted the gallery, made sure no www. was in the gallery docs and reimported it. When I did, svManager insisted on assigning the www. in the address. Is this a programming glitch? Do I have to use the www. in all my SVPro2/svManager galleries?

If you go to the Pro Customize screen in svManager and open up the Background Image section then I'm guessing the entry is this:

http://centerlinephotography.net/site_files/cracks.jpg

What happens if you add the www here and save?

http://www.centerlinephotography.net/site_files/cracks.jpg"

Alternatively you could try an absolute url:

/site_files/cracks.jpg"

Or a relative url:

../../site_files/cracks.jpg"

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

The absolute url works once I get everything revised.

Is there anyway to get svManager to "NOT" insert the www on it's own when I import a gallery built in SVPro2? I don't use the www. in any of my coding (SV, html, css, etc) and would prefer not to have to fix it in svManager every time I make a change, online.

THX.

I'm not clear exactly where svManager is inserting a www. I looked at your gallery.xml file and the urls did not have the www. Could you explain a bit more for me please.

jack

Jack Hardie

jack wrote:

I'm not clear exactly where svManager is inserting a www. I looked at your gallery.xml file and the urls did not have the www. Could you explain a bit more for me please.

jack

I did delete them from the background and watermark sections. When I built the gallery in SVPro2, I did not set the urls up with any www. and I could see the external elements just fine. When I imported the gallery(s) into svManager, the www. showed up in all the urls and when I click the view button, the www. also shows up in the address bar.

Since I don't use the www. anywhere and it only shows up in svManager, I figure it's just defaulting to include that into any address it sees (encoded or viewing). I'd like to curtail that practice if possible, otherwise I have to remember to fix it if I import a gallery for changes (which is almost every gallery).

The view button just uses a relative path (you can see this if you do a view source on one the screens) so the www must be coming from the browser.

jack

Jack Hardie

Safari doesn't really care about the www. and I can see any other site with or without it. But as I said, I built the page without the www. in the watermark url using SVPro2 and when I imported/opened it in svManager, the watermark url was changed to include the www. so I just figured it defaults to include it. What seems odd is that viewing with/without the www. thru the svManager, it displays two different ways. I'll just add it to my glitch fixit list.