Topic: Backbutton ... problems

Hello,
it seems, that the "Back Button" is shown by default, not was is said in the docu - but no text is displayed!

But, i get errors "Cannot Parse Gallery XML" when adding showBackButton="false" or when trying to set the text itself:

backButtonText="Back"
Does work ...

backButtonText="< Back"
Does not work!

Re: Backbutton ... problems

The Back Button is not shown by default. The default value for showBackButton is 'FALSE'.

it seems, that the "Back Button" is shown by default, not was is said in the docu - but no text is displayed!

If you have a gallery which displays this behaviour, please post the URL so that we can take a look.

But, i get errors "Cannot Parse Gallery XML" when adding showBackButton="false" or when trying to set the text itself:

backButtonText="Back"
Does work ...

backButtonText="< Back"
Does not work!

The backButtonText option (like all other options) are attributes in an XML tag and, as such, certain characters (such as '<' which is used to open XML tags) must be escaped.
Please see this FAQ for details on which characters must be escaped: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/su … l#custom_2
Essentially, if you wish the Back Button to display '< Back', then you must use:

backButtonText="&lt; Back"
Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Ah, i understand!

Could you possible just add that to the description of "backButtonText"?
It currently lists a default of "< Back", instead of "&lt; Back" which leaded to my confusion smile

Anyway, the default in fact seems to be empty!
Nothing is shown until i set the variable ...

It currently lists a default of "< Back", instead of "&lt; Back" which leaded to my confusion

If creating a gallery using svBuilder-Pro, you can type in '< Back' (or any other text that you would like to display).
svBuilder-Pro automatically escapes the necessary characters in the 'gallery.xml' file for you behind the scenes.
You need to worry about escaping characters only if editing an XML file manually.

Anyway, the default in fact seems to be empty!
Nothing is shown until i set the variable ...

This looks like a bug. Thank you for reporting. I will notify the developers.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks smile