Topic: Cannot Delete Images from Gallery

I created a gallery and uploaded them to the website.  Now I want to remove a few of those photos but cannot figure out why they are not being removed on the website.

First I tried to open the existing gallery that I had created, clicking the "X" by each photo I wanted removed, then resaved the gallery and uploaded those files to the server.

I also tried creating a New gallery, selecting the Preset for that site, adding the new photos and saving it and uploading it to the server.

In both examples above, I first removed all of the simpleviewer files from the server before uploading.

I also deleted my cache files on my browser to see if that was the issue and it is not.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Re: Cannot Delete Images from Gallery

First I tried to open the existing gallery that I had created, clicking the "X" by each photo I wanted removed, then resaved the gallery and uploaded those files to the server.

After resaving the gallery, open the gallery's XML file ('gallery.xml') in a plain text editor to ensure that the <image> entries (corresponding to the images you have removed from your gallery) have been deleted.
If the gallery's XML file has not changed, perhaps it was write-protected at the time. Was the file open in any other program when you resaved your gallery?

I also tried creating a New gallery, selecting the Preset for that site, adding the new photos and saving it and uploading it to the server.

Try saving the gallery to a folder with a different name (and then rename it afterwards if necessary).
Also, before uploading the new gallery, check that the old files have, indeed, been deleted from your web server and that your browser's cache has been cleared by trying to load the gallery. You should not be able to see it.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: Cannot Delete Images from Gallery

Thanks for the tips Steven. 

It was my error.  I tried deleting the files from the server and hit refresh on the browser and the gallery was still showing. I knew something was up.  Prior to going live with the site, I had the website on a different host.  When I moved the site over to the new host, I forgot to update the iframe URL to the gallery files.  OOPS! 

Thanks for the troubleshooting tip to help me figure out what was going on.  I was racking my brain trying to figure out why it wasn't changing on the server. 

During this process, I found out that when making changes, it is best to create a new gallery instead of trying to delete items from an existing gallery.   That way the XML file does not have an opportunity to still include the images I am trying to delete.