Topic: Documentation of imageURL, thumbURL and linkURL

Hello,
i cannot find a documentation of the statements imageURL, thumbURL and linkURL, ...

It seems, that relative URLs can be used, but not URLS with absolute pathes like "/www/images/1.jpg"

From the description of "getImageInfo" on http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … t/api.html, i got the impression, that the URLs need to be relative - i suppose, this is true?

But i still don´t understand what the following means:

# linkURL (String) - optional click URL.
# linkTarget (String) - optional click target.

linkURL regulary seems to be the same as imageURL, but testing with different values did not change anything.
The same is true for linkTarget when changing from "_blank" to "_self".

Maybe, my browser cache is preventing something?

Re: Documentation of imageURL, thumbURL and linkURL

Re-reading what i wrote, i assume that linkURL and linkTarget can possibly be used to open some other URL when clicking on the image?

But that would require to disable the regular behavior first - going to the next or previous images.

Right?!?

Last edited by SimpleUser (2012-03-04 21:14:31)

It seems, that relative URLs can be used, but not URLS with absolute pathes like "/www/images/1.jpg"

imageURLs, thumbURLs and linkURLs can be relative (to the HTML page into which the gallery is embedded) or absolute (in the form 'http://www.example.com/gallery/images/image.jpg').
The linkURL is used as the URL for the 'Open Image in New Window' button open (also the corresponding right-click option). If left blank, the imageURL will be used. The linkTarget determines whether the linkURL is opened in the same page or in a new tab/window.

Re-reading what i wrote, i assume that linkURL and linkTarget can possibly be used to open some other URL when clicking on the image?

But that would require to disable the regular behavior first - going to the next or previous images.

If you set imageClickMode="OPEN_URL", then the linkURL will be used when a user clicks on a main image.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks a bunch!

smile