Topic: Cropped images in galleries in SVPro v2.3.0 upgrade

Hi, Yesterday I upgraded my SVpro plugin to the latest version, v2.3.0. When I did this all the photos in my galleries are coming in cropped. Some of my images have type on them, so this is a problem. Any idea why this is happening?

BTW, this happened with the previous SVP plugin upgrade I did. I had to pay a developer to resolve. I hope this will be an easy fix.

I am on Mac Lion 10.7.2, running Wordpress 3.3.1 using the Thesis 1.6 theme.

Thanks!
Melody

Re: Cropped images in galleries in SVPro v2.3.0 upgrade

Make sure you use either the MODERN or CLASSIC gallery styles. Using the default gallery style (COMPACT) may crop large images. Please see this FAQ for details: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/su … #general_4
You may also wish to change the imageScaleMode Pro option, a description of which can be found in the 'Main Image' section of the 'SimpleViewer-Pro Config Options' page: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/pr … #mainimage

If these suggestions do not help, then more information may be needed to diagnose the problem.
Are you using the WP-SimpleViewer WordPress Plugin or are you embedding a gallery manually? If you are embedding a gallery manually, are you using the baseURL or iframe method? If using an iframe, make sure the gallery's own dimensions are 100% x 100% so that it completely fills the iframe no matter what its size.

If you continue to experience difficulties, please post the URL of your gallery so that we can take a look.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks for you speedy reply and for the links. I'm using the SVP plugin. I will play around with the gallery styles, as that does seem to have some affect.

I think what happened was I updated the plugin in wordpress, and that bumped me back to the basic version, not the pro. That is what threw everything off.

If I have further questions or problems, I'll let you know.

Many thanks!

I think what happened was I updated the plugin in wordpress, and that bumped me back to the basic version, not the pro. That is what threw everything off.

Each time you upgrade WP-SimpleViewer, you will need to replace the Standard 'svcore' folder (which it comes bundled with) with the Pro 'svcore' folder (from the SimpleViewer-Pro download package) as documented here).

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Great thanks!