Topic: Overlay_Top alignment?

Just getting my feet wet with the Pro version (2.3.0)

In svBuilder-Pro, when overylay_top is selected, the text is where it is supposed to be, but the overlay background is way too low.

Do I have a setting wrong somewhere that is causing it to shift?

Overlay_bottom is perfect.

(attached file contains svBuilder screen capture, and XML file.)

Last edited by Dave Pitman (2012-03-11 17:11:10)

Re: Overlay_Top alignment?

Thank you for the screenshot and XML file.
However, I am currently unable to replicate your problem.
I have used your XML settings in a test gallery and have opened the gallery in both a browser and svBuilder-Pro.
In both the browser and the svBuilder-Pro live preview window, the caption background is correctly positioned behind the caption at the very top of the main image.
I have also created a new gallery in svBuilder-Pro and have selected Caption Position 'OVERLAY_TOP' (and increased the Caption Back Opacity) and, again, the caption background is correctly positioned.

Does your caption background appear too low only in the svBuilder live preview window or also when viewing the gallery in a browser? If it also appears incorrectly in a browser, would you be able to publish the gallery and post the URL so that we can take a look?
Also, are you able to replicate the problem by repeating a number of steps when creating a new gallery in svBuilder-Pro? If so, can you run me through a way for me to replicate this problem on my on computer? Thank you.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi Steven,

Opened the project again with svBuilder, and it is still misaligned.

Opened in a browser, and the alignment is correct; I didn't check that before, but guess I should have.

Tried it with a some new test galleries,  and it displays properly sometimes and sometimes like in the example I sent.  I didn't pay close enough attention to what parameter change caused it to disply wrong.

I am not worried about it if it is just in svBuilder.  If I find it happens in a browser, I will bring it up then.

It may not help but being that svBuilder-Pro depends on Adobe AIR, make sure that you have the latest version installed. The latest version of Adobe AIR can be downloaded from here.

If you find a sequence of events that would allow me to replicate the problem, please post back. Thank you.

Steven Speirs

I am using the latest version of Air.

If I can determine a reliable pattern to break the rendering in svBuilder, I will update.

Last edited by Dave Pitman (2012-03-14 17:44:33)

Try unchecking 'Float Caption'.

Felix Turner

Felix wrote:

Try unchecking 'Float Caption'.

No change in svBuilder-Pro.

Yes, that seems to have fixed it within svBuilder.

Last edited by Dave Pitman (2012-03-15 20:18:39)