Topic: Create on local machine, then upload

Due to my lack of PHP knowledge and the size limit on the uploads of my server hosting site. I have a fairly noobish request.
I would like to build my entire site using Simpleviewer Pro bundle and then upload the entire site via Firezilla. Is this possible? What program can I build my site in prior to uploading? I have Microsoft Expressions 2, can I use this?

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks for your time!

Dakna

Re: Create on local machine, then upload

If you have the skills to build a web site then – yes – you can build the whole site in html files on your local computer. Use svBuilder to create your galleries (I'm assuming you're using SimpleViewer), test it locally and upload the lot with an ftp program such as FileZilla.

SvManager is designed to make it easier to create and update galleries on your server.

I've never used Microsoft Expressions so I can't help much with that one.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Is there a Builder that includes the ability to create galleries other than Simpleviewer? That way I can build my entire site locally, as it stands, it appears I will have to build, upload, and then add any other gallery types via manager usage. Or am I missing something?

SvBuilder is exclusive to SimpleViewer. There are some options for other viewers like PhotoShop scripts or Picasa templates – see the support pages for the individual viewer. TiltViewer supports Flickr galleries so you could upload the gallery once and then do all your image uploading on Flickr.

Or you could do a combination of development on your local computer and then day-to-day stuff on svManager as you suggest.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Wow. Sadface.

An interface of the caliber Builder provides, with the options of all the gallery building types, would sure be impressive, hope someone on your team is working towards that end.

Thanks for the help, going to look over what you offered about the Pro installs and see if I can get them running correctly, take care.