Topic: Not centered and images are too small

I have a gallery and I have the max width and height set on the image, but the images are not showing that width. It should be at 1086 pixels is what I have it set to.

Also, it's not centered on the page. I don't get it...

Here is the URL: http://www.joeamatophotography.com/work … chitecture

Thank you!

Re: Not centered and images are too small

I have a gallery and I have the max width and height set on the image, but the images are not showing that width. It should be at 1086 pixels is what I have it set to.

The maxImageWidth and maxImageHeight options are not the dimensions at which the main images are displayed. They tell SimpleViewer how much space to reserve for the image area and are used to determine the best layout for your gallery. Your gallery currently has dimensions of 800px x 600px so the main images are scaled down in order to be displayed in their entirety without cropping.

Try setting your gallery's width to a percentage (such as 100%) rather than an absolute pixel value.
If this does not help, then it might be due to your current WordPress theme. Try temporarily reverting to the default WordPress theme to see if the gallery is then centered.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Steven Speirs wrote:

The maxImageWidth and maxImageHeight options are not the dimensions at which the main images are displayed. They tell SimpleViewer how much space to reserve for the image area and are used to determine the best layout for your gallery. Your gallery currently has dimensions of 800px x 600px so the main images are scaled down in order to be displayed in their entirety without cropping.

Try setting your gallery's width to a percentage (such as 100%) rather than an absolute pixel value.
If this does not help, then it might be due to your current WordPress theme. Try temporarily reverting to the default WordPress theme to see if the gallery is then centered.

How can I change the gallery dimensions?

I also want the images bigger, which the uploaded image is. How come they look so small?

How can I change the gallery dimensions?

It looks like you are using WP-SimpleViewer v1.5.4, in which case, go to 'Settings -> WP-SimpleViewer' and the gallery's width and height can be set on this page.

I also want the images bigger, which the uploaded image is. How come they look so small?

Your gallery has fixed dimensions of 800px x 600px and this area has to accommodate the thumbnails as well as the main image. If you want your main images to be displayed larger, you'll need to increase the overall size of the gallery.

Steven Speirs

Gallery width says 100%. Everytime i change it to a pixel it defaults back to 100%

This is really frustrating.  Please let me know how I can change this.

Is there a reason you are using WP-SimpleViewer v1.5.4 (such as this being an older gallery you are trying to maintain)?
WP-SimpleViewer was rewritten from scratch for v2.0 and is now currently at v2.3.0.
It uses the latest version of SimpleViewer (v2.3.0) and has greater control over the galleries, allowing you to set the width and height for each individual gallery.
If this is a new gallery that you are creating, I would recommend using WP-SimpleViewer v2.3.0 rather than v1.5.4.
It can be downloaded from here: http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … r/#install

Steven Speirs

Gallery width says 100%. Everytime i change it to a pixel it defaults back to 100%

This is really frustrating.  Please let me know how I can change this.

When I try changing the 'Gallery Width' (for example to '800' or '100%') and click 'Save Changes', the change is made OK (and does not revert to 100%).
What version of the plugin are you using? Is it prior to v1.5.4?
Perhaps reinstalling the plugin would help. WP-SimpleViewer v1.5.4 can be downloaded from here: http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … viewer/#v1
(It has been renamed from 'wp-simpleviewer' to 'wp-simpleviewer-v1' to avoid clashing with the current version (v2.3.0).)

Steven Speirs

Steven Speirs wrote:

Is there a reason you are using WP-SimpleViewer v1.5.4 (such as this being an older gallery you are trying to maintain)?
WP-SimpleViewer was rewritten from scratch for v2.0 and is now currently at v2.3.0.
It uses the latest version of SimpleViewer (v2.3.0) and has greater control over the galleries, allowing you to set the width and height for each individual gallery.
If this is a new gallery that you are creating, I would recommend using WP-SimpleViewer v2.3.0 rather than v1.5.4.
It can be downloaded from here: http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … r/#install

I upgraded the wordpress plugin, and then it took out the pro version I had. I went to try and download the pro version again, but I do NOT have any emails about it anymore so I was forced to go back to the old gallery.

I went to try and download the pro version again, but I do NOT have any emails about it anymore so I was forced to go back to the old gallery.

If you cannot find your purchase email and therefore no longer have a download link, please fill in this 'Upgrade Request Form' to request a new link: http://www.simpleviewer.net/support/admin/upgrade.html
If you purchased SimpleViewer-Pro v2.x, then the new link will download the current version of SimpleViewer-Pro (v2.3.0) which can be used to upgrade WP-SimpleViewer v2.3.0 from Standard to Pro by following these instructions: http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … iewer/#pro

Steven Speirs

Transaction ID (required)
Find this ID in your purchase receipt email.

I don't have the email anymore....

I filled it out with an email address i think i used.

3 days though??  I really need this done today. Can you please help me getting the new download link? I would greatly appreciate it.

AHHH I FOUND THE EMAIL!! So how can I do this?

OK. I filled out the form correctly with all of the information. Is there a way I can get the new download link today for the upgraded pro version?

Sorry for all the replies. I redownloaded it from the original link. Is this the newest one? or is it stuck with the older pro version?

I redownloaded it from the original link. Is this the newest one? or is it stuck with the older pro version?

Please see the 'Which Version Do I Have?' section on this page: http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … grade.html
Upgrades are free within the same major version number so if you purchased SimpleViewer v1.x, the download link will download v1.9 and if you purchased SimpleViewer-Pro v2.x, the download link will download v2.3.0.
If you purchased SimpleViewer-Pro v1.9 on or after 9th December 2008, then you are eligible for a free courtesy upgrade to v2.0, in which case please fill out the 'Upgrade Request Form' to receive a new link.

Steven Speirs

The new version must be improved significantly. Everything is looking great.

Thanks for all of your help today.

Everything is looking great.

That's great to hear.

Thanks for all of your help today.

You're welcome!

Steven Speirs

In a previous comment on another topic I asked a question but I think the info in this post that can help me a lot thanks for the info

big_smile

Regards