Topic: Add Gallery button not working

I recently upgraded to version 2.3.0.
I tried to create a new gallery but the "Add Gallery" button doesn't work in any browser I tried.
I deleted everything, uploaded the plugin again and still doesn't work.
Checked the requirements and everything checks ok. I am using Wordpress 3.3.1 and no incompatible plugins. My upload folder has 777 permissions.
Can anyone help?
Thanks,
Luis

Re: Add Gallery button not working

As a side note: I also have another wordpress site in the same server running WP-SimpleViewer 2.3.0. It works perfectly fine. The only difference is that wordpress version is still 3.2.1.
Luis

I am using Wordpress 3.3.1 and no incompatible plugins.

WP-SimpleViewer is compatible with WordPress v3.3.1.
Do you have any other plugins installed and activated (whether on the incompatible list or not)?
If so, try temporarily deactivating them to see if this makes a difference.
Also, if you are not using the default WordPress theme, try temporarily reverting to the default theme to see if this makes a difference.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi Steven,
I have created several galleries before using previous versions. They still work fine.
Is just the button that doesn't do anything. Is there a way to check what is it doing? Any source code...? I tried to check the error console in the browser but nothing appears.
I have several plugins installed and I am using a custom theme. I don't want to revert to a standard theme nor I can disable any plugin. I am running a production website and I can't "test" things on the fly.
Isn't there any other way of chasing the problem?
Is there any other way of publishing the gallery since everything works after the shortcode is placed?
Thanks,
Luis

I found the problem. I deactivated "WP Security Scan" plugin and it worked.
Now I have to figure out why...
Luis

Is there a way to check what is it doing? Any source code...?

The source code is just the files inside the 'wp-simpleviewer' folder. There is nothing compiled.

I found the problem. I deactivated "WP Security Scan" plugin and it worked.

Thank you for reporting. I will confirm that this plugin is also incompatible with WP-SimpleViewer and add it to the known incompatible plugins list.

Steven Speirs

I have just installed and activated WP Security Scan v3.0.9 and can still create WP-SimpleViewer galleries successfully (the 'Add Gallery' button still works).
I do not know why this plugin seems to interfere with WP-SimpleViewer in your WordPress installation but at least you have found a workaround.
Another workaround would be to create your gallery on your computer using svBuilder, upload the complete gallery folder (not just the contents) to your web server via FTP and embed the gallery in a post using one of the two methods described here: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/su … l#external

Steven Speirs

Thanks! I will try the svBuilder option as well. But right now all I need to do is temporarily disable the Security plugin, create the gallery and them reactivate it back.
Thanks,
Luis

The "Sociable" plugin is causing the same conflict...
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/sociable/

@YaegerDesign

I have just installed and activated Sociable v4.2.6 to test and have successfully been able to create a gallery with WP-SimpleViewer v2.3.0 (and previously created galleries also still work OK). The 'Add Gallery' button seems to function fine with Sociable the plugin installed.
Do you have any other plugins (or are you using a non-default theme) which may be causing the conflict you are experiencing?

Steven Speirs

Steven Speirs wrote:

@YaegerDesign

I have just installed and activated Sociable v4.2.6 to test and have successfully been able to create a gallery with WP-SimpleViewer v2.3.0 (and previously created galleries also still work OK). The 'Add Gallery' button seems to function fine with Sociable the plugin installed.
Do you have any other plugins (or are you using a non-default theme) which may be causing the conflict you are experiencing?

I tried disabling multiple plugins (which use jQuery). When I disabled the Sociable plugin, everything worked fine. The site is using a custom-built theme. However, that shouldn't matter in the admin side. I suspect that Sociable's option additions to the post/page creator in the admin are what caused the conflict. I could tell that jQuery wasn't running in the SimpleViewer window because choosing "Wordpress Library" didn't hide the Flickr fields.

Are you using the latest versions of WordPress (v3.3.1), WP-SimpleViewer (v2.3.0) and Sociable (v4.2.6)?
Also, is there any way that you can think of that I might be able to replicate the conflict as simply having both plugins activated at the same time does not seem to be enough on my WordPress installation where WP-SimpleViewer continues to work fine?

Steven Speirs

Select Add From Server    Add From Server
Import Files | Options | Deactivate | Edit

Plugin to allow the Media Manager to add files from the webservers filesystem. Note: All files are copied to the uploads directory.
Version 3.2.0.2 | By Dion Hulse | Visit plugin site
Select Akismet    Akismet
Activate | Edit | Delete

Used by millions, Akismet is quite possibly the best way in the world to protect your blog from comment and trackback spam. It keeps your site protected from spam even while you sleep. To get started: 1) Click the "Activate" link to the left of this description, 2) Sign up for an Akismet API key, and 3) Go to your Akismet configuration page, and save your API key.
Version 2.5.3 | By Automattic | Visit plugin site
There is a new version of Akismet available. View version 2.5.5 details or update automatically.
Select All in One SEO Pack    All in One SEO Pack
Activate | Edit | Delete

Out-of-the-box SEO for your Wordpress blog. Options configuration panel | Upgrade to Pro Version | Donate | Support | Amazon Wishlist
Version 1.6.13.4 | By Michael Torbert | Visit plugin site
There is a new version of All in One SEO Pack available. View version 1.6.13.8 details or update automatically.
Select *** Banners    *** Banners
Activate | Edit | Delete

Simple Banner Rotation Program for *** Theme of WP
Version 1.0 | By *** | Visit plugin site
Select Constant Contact API    Constant Contact API
Activate | Edit | Delete

Powerfully integrates Constant Contact into your WordPress website.
Version 2.3.1 | By Katz Web Services, Inc. & James Benson | Visit plugin site
There is a new version of Constant Contact API available. View version 2.3.6 details or update automatically.
Select Constant Contact API: Form Designer (Alpha)    Constant Contact API: Form Designer (Alpha)
Activate | Edit | Delete

Create fancy-lookin' forms for the Constant Contact API plugin that have tons of neat configuration options.
Version 2.3.1 | By Katz Web Services, Inc. | Visit plugin site
There is a new version of Constant Contact API: Form Designer (Alpha) available. View version 2.3.6 details or update automatically.
Select Contact Form 7    Contact Form 7
Settings | Deactivate | Edit

Just another contact form plugin. Simple but flexible.
Version 3.0 | By Takayuki Miyoshi | Visit plugin site
There is a new version of Contact Form 7 available. View version 3.1.1 details or update automatically.
Select Contact Form to DB Extension    Contact Form to DB Extension
Deactivate | Edit

Save form submissions to the database from Contact Form 7 and Fast Secure Contact Form. Includes exports and short codes. | Data | Settings | FAQ
Version 2.1 | By Michael Simpson | Visit plugin site
There is a new version of Contact Form to DB Extension available. View version 2.3 details or update automatically.
Select Dagon Design Sitemap Generator    Dagon Design Sitemap Generator
Deactivate | Edit

Generates a fully customizable sitemap
Version 3.15 | By Dagon Design | Visit plugin site
Select Downloads Manager    Downloads Manager
Deactivate | Edit

This Plugin adds a simple downloads manager to your blog.
Version 1.0 rc-1 | By Giulio Ganci | Visit plugin site
Select FancyBox for WordPress    FancyBox for WordPress
Activate | Edit | Delete

Integrates FancyBox by Janis Skarnelis into WordPress.
Version 2.7.5 | By José Pardilla | Visit plugin site
There is a new version of FancyBox for WordPress available. View version 3.0.1 details or update automatically.
Select Flexi Quote Rotator    Flexi Quote Rotator
Activate | Edit | Delete

Based on Luke Howell's quote rotator, the flexi quote rotator allows you to add the quotes to your site using a shortcode or php snippet in template instead of only as a widget. Also adds flexibility with styling and setting durations.
Version 0.3.2 | By Aidan Curran | Visit plugin site
Select Google Analytics for WordPress    Google Analytics for WordPress

This plugin makes it simple to add Google Analytics to your WordPress blog, adding lots of features, eg. custom variables and automatic clickout and download tracking.
Version 4.1.3 | By Joost de Valk | Visit plugin site
There is a new version of Google Analytics for WordPress available. View version 4.2.4 details or update automatically.
Select Google Calendar Events    Google Calendar Events

Parses Google Calendar feeds and displays the events as a calendar grid or list on a page, post or widget.
Version 0.7.1 | By Ross Hanney | Visit plugin site
There is a new version of Google Calendar Events available. View version 0.7.2 details or update automatically.
Select Google XML Sitemaps    Google XML Sitemaps
Deactivate | Edit

This plugin will generate a special XML sitemap which will help search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing and Ask.com to better index your blog.
Version 3.2.6 | By Arne Brachhold | Visit plugin site | Settings | FAQ | Support | Donate
Select Hello Dolly    Hello Dolly
Activate | Edit | Delete

This is not just a plugin, it symbolizes the hope and enthusiasm of an entire generation summed up in two words sung most famously by Louis Armstrong: Hello, Dolly. When activated you will randomly see a lyric from Hello, Dolly in the upper right of your admin screen on every page.
Version 1.6 | By Matt Mullenweg | Visit plugin site
Select Links Shortcode    Links Shortcode
Deactivate | Edit

Displays all links of a certain category in a post using a shortcode, according to a definable template. Includes optional Facebook Like button.
Version 1.0 | By Maarten Swemmer | Visit plugin site
There is a new version of Links Shortcode available. View version 1.1 details or update automatically.
Select Multi Sliding Banner    Multi Sliding Banner
Deactivate | Edit

A Multi Sliding Banner for WordPress
Version 1.8.3 | By *** | Overview
Select Random Text    Random Text
Deactivate | Edit

A widget to display randomized text on your site
Version 0.2.8 | By Greg Jackson | Visit plugin site
There is a new version of Random Text available. View version 0.2.9 details or update automatically.
Select Redirection    Redirection

Manage all your 301 redirects and monitor 404 errors
Version 2.2.9 | By John Godley | Visit plugin site
There is a new version of Redirection available. View version 2.2.10 details or update automatically.
Select Search & Replace    Search & Replace

A simple search for find strings in your database and replace the string.
Version 2.6.2 | By Frank Bültge | Visit plugin site
There is a new version of Search & Replace available. View version 2.6.3 details or update automatically.
Select Shadowbox JS    Shadowbox JS

A javascript media viewer similar to Lightbox and Thickbox. Supports all types of media, not just images.
Version 3.0.3.8 | By Matt Martz | Visit plugin site
Select Shadowbox JS - Use Title from Image    Shadowbox JS - Use Title from Image
Deactivate | Edit

Push the title attribute from the img tag to the anchor tag
Version 3.0.3.8 | By Matt Martz | Visit plugin site
Select Sociable    Sociable
Deactivate | Edit

Automatically add links on your posts, pages and RSS feed to your favorite social bookmarking sites.
Version 4.2.6 | By Blogplay | Visit plugin site
Select Square Thumbnails for User Photo    Square Thumbnails for User Photo
Deactivate | Edit

Extends the User Photo plugin to allow the generation of square thumbnails. (Requires the User Photo plugin, WILL NOT WORK otherwise.)
Version 1.2.1 | By Simon Wheatley | Visit plugin site
Select Stray Random Quotes    Stray Random Quotes
Activate | Edit | Delete

Display and rotate random quotes and words everywhere on your blog. Easy to custom and manage. Ajax enabled.
Version 1.9.9 | By unalignedcoder | Visit plugin site
Select Theme My Login    Theme My Login
Deactivate | Edit

Themes the WordPress login, registration and forgot password pages according to your theme.
Version 6.1.4 | By Jeff Farthing | Visit plugin site
Select Theme Preview    Theme Preview
Activate | Edit | Delete

Allows themes to be previewed without activation
Version 1.2 | By Dougal Campbell | Visit plugin site
Select User Photo    User Photo
Deactivate | Edit

Allows users to associate photos with their accounts by accessing their "Your Profile" page. Uploaded images are resized to fit the dimensions specified on the options page; a thumbnail image is also generated. New template tags introduced are: userphoto_the_author_photo, userphoto_the_author_thumbnail, userphoto_comment_author_photo, and userphoto_comment_author_thumbnail. Uploaded images may be moderated by administrators.
Version 0.9.5.1 | By Weston Ruter | Visit plugin site
Select WP-Cufón    WP-Cufón
Deactivate | Edit

Enables Cufón font-replacement in WordPress - After installation you only have to put your generated font-files to /wp-content/plugins/fonts/ directory. Go to the Settings Page for more instructions and to add your own replacement scripts.
Version 1.6.10 | By Tobias Battenberg | Visit plugin site
Select WP-SimpleViewer    WP-SimpleViewer
Deactivate | Edit

Create SimpleViewer galleries with WordPress.
Version 2.3.0 | By SimpleViewer Inc. | Visit plugin site
Select WP Easy Uploader    WP Easy Uploader
Deactivate | Edit

Easily upload any type of content without the need for FTP. You can even upload plugin and theme archives and have the files automatically extract into the plugin or theme folder.
Version 1.0.11 | By Chris Jean | Visit plugin site

This is a full list of the plugins the site is using (some not activated). I've ***'d out private data.

It looks like you are using Sociable v3.0.3.8. Try upgrading to the latest version (v4.2.6).
Make sure that your WordPress installation is also up-to-date (v3.3.1).
As stated, I have tested Sociable v4.2.6 alongside WP-SimpleViewer v2.3.0 and there does not seem to be a conflict between the two on my WordPress v3.3.1 installation.
If upgrading does not help, try temporarily deactivating all your other plugins leaving only Sociable and WP-SimpleViewer activated to see if this combination works.

Steven Speirs

Sorry, copy-paste method doesn't look so great. It's actually the latest version:

Select Sociable    Sociable
Deactivate | Edit

Automatically add links on your posts, pages and RSS feed to your favorite social bookmarking sites.
Version 4.2.6 | By Blogplay | Visit plugin site

Disabling all plugins on a live site is out, but I can do one by one for a few seconds. I guess the combination of Sociable AND another plugin could be causing the issue.

Last edited by YaegerDesign (2012-03-24 16:06:22)

I appreciate that you are trying to trace the root of your problem but by having so many plugins active and by only deactivating one at a time, you may not gather enough data to find conclusive proof. There may be interactions between other plugins that are also contributing to the problem.

There seems to be something in the fact that WP-SimpleViewer does not work when you have Sociable activated but that WP-SimpleViewer does work when you deactivate Sociable (even with all the other plugins you have activated).
I appreciate you posting such information as it may well help other users who face the same problem.

However, having tested both plugins together, all I can report is that there does not seem to be a direct conflict between Sociable and WP-SimpleViewer.

Steven Speirs

If I get the opportunity to try all of the plugins in a testing environment, I will let you know what I find.

That would be helpful. In any case, you have highlighted a possible conflict which may help other users and you have found a workaround which enables you to continue using WP-SimpleViewer (temporarily deactivating the Sociable plugin) so, thank you for that.

Steven Speirs

I have disabled Sociable and installed a similar social bookmarking plugin. All issues are now resolved. I most likely will not be testing this any further.

Dear admin,

FYI, I have discovered "Instapress" plugin also have conflict with WP-SimpleViewer.

thanks

@harryleung

FYI, I have discovered "Instapress" plugin also have conflict with WP-SimpleViewer.

Please explain in greater detail what the conflict is and how I can replicate it. Thank you.
I have just installed WP-SimpleViewer v2.3.0 and Instapress v1.5.3 in WordPress v3.4.1 and have been able to successfully create and display a SimpleViewer gallery using WP-SimpleViewer. The only errors I came across were PHP notices in WordPress Debug Mode which were caused by the Instapress plugin.
Perhaps the conflict is with another plugin. If you have any other plugins installed and activated, then try temporarily disabling them and leave only WP-SimpleViewer and Instapress enabled to test this possible conflict.

Steven Speirs