Topic: Hide loading bar?

Hi there

We're using the latest SV Pro in Wordpress for a couple of image slideshows (auto play, loop, no thumbs etc).

It works well, but we're disappointed that you get a loading bar every time you open a page with a slideshow, even if you visited that page already.

We've experimented with the preloadimages options, but nothing seems to make any difference.

Any way to keep images loaded so you don't get the loading bar every time you open the page, or even just remove the loading bar altogether?

Cheers

Re: Hide loading bar?

LOADING BAR related question.

The color of the "preloader" can be set via flashVar. This bar is in addition to, and displays before,  what I would call the "Loading Bar".

1. I'm not sure why there are 2 instances of a loading annimation.

For me, the first bar (Preloader) just displays for a second, then disappears. Then the 2nd bar (Loading Bar) displays, in a slightly different location on the stage.

2. To not display the "preloader", the first bar that displays, I have set it's color via FlashVar to be the same as the background color.

Is there a way, via FlashVar, or other, to not display the "preloader".

3. Is there a way to style the "Loading Bar"?

(http://www.ridgestyle.com/trips/lost-bowl-2012-03-07/)

Thank You,

Last edited by Dave Pitman (2012-03-15 20:11:00)

Initially the gallery displays a 'Gallery Loading' bar in the center of the gallery, the color of which can be set via the preloaderColor Flashvar variable as described here: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/pr … .html#html
If you like, you can set its color to be the same as the gallery's background color in order for it to be less visible.

Once that has been displayed, the gallery displays the initial main image and, whilst loading, displays a further 'Image Loading' bar in the center of the image area.
This bar takes on the frameColor.

There are no further styling options or options to completely disable either loading bar.

Any way to keep images loaded so you don't get the loading bar every time you open the page, or even just remove the loading bar altogether?

SimpleViewer will preload images depending on the value of the imagePreloading option in the gallery's XML file. This will be done each time a gallery is viewed.
Caching is done by the browser rather than by SimpleViewer. Make sure you do not have caching disabled in your browser.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thank You for the explanation.

Thanks for trying to help Steven, but nothing is working for me...

I'm referring to the small, grey bar that appears in the middle of the gallery when the page is first loaded.

I've tried all the "imagepreload" options, but every time you re-visit a page with a gallery the loading bar shows, yet the "ALL" setting is supposed to keep images loaded? I understand that images are cached by the browser, but I have no special cache settings or anything.

I've also tried styling the Preloadercolor but nothing changes. Why?

I'm wondering why different settings of the the imagepreload or preloadercolor options don't make any difference to anything?

It's a wordpress site, using the simpleviewer plugin with the Pro SVN core files added. The galleries are also setup as simple autoplay slideshows, so no thumbs, text or anything.

Unless we can come up with a solution I'm not sure that simple viewer will be useable for us. We don't mind having the small loading bar on the first view, but it becomes a nuisance when it shows every time you revisit that page. It's only a couple of seconds, but it's distracting.

Thanks

The 'Image Preloader' is displayed prior to each and every image being displayed. If an image has been preloaded, then the preloader will be displayed for a very short amount of time (and may barely be noticeable) and if an image has been preloaded, then the preloader will be displayed for longer as the image is f loaded from the server.
This 'Image Prelaoder' takes on the frameColor (so if you set the frameColor to the same as your gallery's background color, it would become invisible) but cannot be disabled.

I've also tried styling the Preloadercolor but nothing changes. Why?

I'm wondering why different settings of the the imagepreload or preloadercolor options don't make any difference to anything?

The preloaderColor, which determines the initial color of the 'Gallery Loading' preloader (not the 'Image Preloader'), must be set as a Flashvar in the embedding code (rather than as a setting in the gallery's XML file) as it must be known to SimpleViewer before the XML file is parsed (as it is displayed whilst the XML file is being parsed).

It's a wordpress site, using the simpleviewer plugin with the Pro SVN core files added.

In order to change the preloaderColor of galleries created by WP-SimpleViewer, you would need to edit the plugin's 'wp-simpleviewer/wp-simpleviewer.php' file. Open the file in a plain text editor, add the following code on line 849 (which is currently blank):

flashvars$gallery_id.preloaderColor = "#FFFFFF";

... changing '#FFFFFF' to the hexadecimal color code of your choice.
Re-upload the file to its original location on your web server and clear your browser's cache before reloading the gallery.

We don't mind having the small loading bar on the first view, but it becomes a nuisance when it shows every time you revisit that page.

If you are referring to the preloader which is initially displayed each time a gallery page is visitied, this is the 'Gallery Preloader' (rather than the 'Image Preloader') and setting its color to the same as the background color (via the preloaderColor Flashvar as described above) will render it invisible.

Steven Speirs

Thanks for the extra help Steven.

I just did as you suggested and added this on line 849....   

wp_register_script('sv_core',
               plugin_dir_url(__FILE__) . 'svcore/js/simpleviewer.js',
               array(),
               $this->version );
           // enqueue the script
           wp_enqueue_script('sv_core');
        }
    }
flashvars$gallery_id.preloaderColor = "#FFFFFF";
    /**
     * When the post is saved
     * @param <type> $post_id
     * @return <type>
     */

but wp threw up an error...

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_FUNCTION in /home/sites/ben-reid.co.uk/public_html/newsite/wp-content/plugins/wp-simpleviewer/wp-simpleviewer.php on line 849

Any ideas?

Cheers

It looks like you may not be using the most recent version of WP-SimpleViewer (v2.3.0).
Line 849 of 'wp-simpleviewer.php' of the current version of WP-SimpleViewer (which can be downloaded from this page) should be between the following two lines of code:

flashvars$gallery_id.galleryURL = "$gallery_file_url";
simpleviewer.ready(function () {

Either upgrade WP-SimpleViewer (and remember to replace the 'svcore' folder with your Pro 'svcore' folder) and insert the code at line 849 of the new 'wp-simpleviewer.php' file or search for the two lines of code above in your own 'wp-simpleviewer.php' file and insert my line of code between them.

Steven Speirs

Bingo!

Thanks for taking the time to help me out  smile

I'm also trying to change the colour of the preloader.

I've added the
flashvars$gallery_id.preloaderColor = "#ffffff"; 
code in as indicated and that does remove the first preloader but I'm still getting a dark grey bar.  My frame is set to white.

http://www.gabrielepizzaledesign.ca/projects/kitchen/

Can you tell me if there is a way to style this?

Thanks

~ Ruth

The only styling available for the image preloader is its foreground color (which uses the frameColor).
It is not possible to change the background color of the image preloader from the default grey color which you are seeing against your gallery's white background.

Steven Speirs

Is it possible to replace it with an image an animated gif ? Or is it coming from a css class.

Is it possible to replace it with an image an animated gif ?

No.

Or is it coming from a css class.

No. It is hard-coded into the SWF file and SimpleViewer-Pro does not come with modifiable source code (see this FAQ for details) so it is not possible to modify the image preloader and publish a new SWF file.

Steven Speirs