Topic: Need help embedding to my yahoo sitebuilder website please.

If anyone can help me out it would be awesome. I cant seem to put a javascript code on my site. When i publish it it's just a blank space there. I noticed there are tutorials for joomla and a couple other hosting...but is there a way to put my simple viewer pro project that i created on my Yahoo site? Thanks!

Re: Need help embedding to my yahoo sitebuilder website please.

You should be able to insert a SimpleViewer-Pro gallery into a web page using Yahoo! SiteBuilder by uploading your complete gallery folder (not just the contents) and either:
(1) Insert -> Code Elements -> HTML... and enter the baseURL embedding code found here: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/su … l#external
(2) Insert -> Code Elements -> Iframe ... and enter the absolute or relative path to your gallery's HTML index page

Check with Yahoo! SiteBuilder support to find out how to upload your gallery folder using their interface. Otherwise, upload your gallery folder to your web server using an FTP program such as Filezilla.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Ok i tried what you said and spent hours on the phone with Yahoo and could not get anywhere. The reason i bought your software is because i read that it could be embedded into websites. I had no idea i needed to be a computer wizard as i'm not. I made my website using the sitebuilder tool that pretty much is for people with no website building knowledge like myself. Is there any way i can get my money back as i'm stuck here and can't go any further.

Thanks

Issuing you with a refund would not be a problem but I am still willing to try to help you out if you like.

First of all, a few further questions:
(1) At what point in the process do you get stuck? It is when trying to upload the gallery files or when entering the embedding code?
(2) Do you have your own web space on a regular web server or does Yahoo! SiteBuilder provide the only web space you have?

If you have your own web space on a regular web server, then you should be able to upload the gallery folder using an FTP program such as Filezilla or through your web host's Control Panel (web browser interface).

If you do not have your own web space on a regular web server and cannot upload your gallery folder using the Yahoo! SiteBuilder interface to the web space they provide, you could host your gallery with a file sharing service such as Dropbox.
You could upload your gallery folder there and use an <iframe> in your Yahoo! SiteBuilder page to embed the gallery.

Just let me know if you would rather have a refund and I will contact you directly via email. Thank you.

Steven Speirs

Actually both got me stuck and the guy at Yahoo couldn't help me either. Yahoo sitebuilder provides the only web space i have. I originally bought your software because i wanted to embed a flash banner at the top of my webpage with photos taken from customers that have taken surf lessons. Will i be able to make a a flash type banner using dropbox?

Will i be able to make a a flash type banner using dropbox?

Yes.

To upload the gallery files to Dropbox:
(1) Download and install the Dropbox client program
(2) Run the install program and sign up for a free Dropbox account
(3) Create your SimpleViewer-Pro gallery with the method of your choice
(4) Drag and drop the entire gallery folder into the 'Public' folder within the newly created Dropbox folder on your computer
(5) Navigate towards your gallery's 'index.html' file (within 'username/Dropbox/Public/gallery_folder/'), right-click it and select 'Dropbox -> Copy public link'

To embed the gallery in Yahoo! SiteBuilder:
(1) Select 'Insert -> Code Elements -> Iframe ...' (at the place in your page where you would like your gallery to appear) and paste the URL you copied in Step #5 above

Steven Speirs

Ok i've tried and it doesn't work as i can't even place it where i'd want it to go even if i could get it to load. Is there any way i can get a refund? I give up.

Yes. Please check your email. I have sent you a message.

Steven Speirs