Topic: Multiple galleries showing blank on autoviewer??

When I have just 1 gallery, everything seems to work smooth on autoviewer, however if I try to make a new gallery (renaming new gallery.xml to "gallery2.xml") the second gallery is blank, and the buttons only show. I have checked a million times, my file names and paths and everything SHOULD work fine, this is frustrating me, as I don't even know what the problem is. It is as if autoviewer only wants to have 1 gallery.xml and if you try to rename it to gallery2.xml it wont work.

This is my gallery 1 (which works)

<br /><br />
<script type="text/javascript" src="swfobject.js"></script>
<div id="flashcontent">AutoViewer requires JavaScript and the Flash Player.
<a href="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer/">Get Flash here.</a></div>
<script type="text/javascript">
var fo = new SWFObject("autoviewer.swf", "autoviewer", "100%", "600", "8", "#181818");

//Optional Configuration
        //fo.addVariable("langOpenImage", "Open Image in New Window");
        //fo.addVariable("langAbout", "About");
                //fo.addVariable("xmlURL", "gallery.xml");

fo.addParam("wmode", "transparent");
fo.write("flashcontent");
</script>

And this is my gallery2 (which does NOT work)

<br /><br />
<script type="text/javascript" src="swfobject.js"></script>
<div id="flashcontent">AutoViewer requires JavaScript and the Flash Player.
<a href="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer/">Get Flash here.</a></div>
<script type="text/javascript">
var fo = new SWFObject("autoviewer.swf", "autoviewer", "100%", "600", "8", "#181818");

//Optional Configuration
        //fo.addVariable("langOpenImage", "Open Image in New Window");
        //fo.addVariable("langAbout", "About");
                //fo.addVariable("xmlURL", "gallery2.xml");

fo.addParam("wmode", "transparent");
fo.write("flashcontent");
</script>

I also tried making a lookbook1 and lookbook2 directories and leaving everything named the way it is and leave also "gallery.xml" untouched, but just changing dorectory paths like:

//fo.addVariable("xmlURL", "lookbook1/gallery.xml");

AND

//fo.addVariable("xmlURL", "lookbook2/gallery.xml");

That also does not work... like seriously what am I doing wrong??? Its like autoviewer doesn't even read my "xmlURL" path, but automatically goes for like a preset "gallery.xml" path

Last edited by thetrillest (2012-03-21 20:57:02)

Re: Multiple galleries showing blank on autoviewer??

You need to remove the leading // from the line of code that defines the xmlURL.
The // signifies that the line is a comment and that the browser should ignore it.
eg. change:

.. to:

fo.addVariable("xmlURL", "gallery2.xml");
Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Steven Speirs wrote:

You need to remove the leading // from the line of code that defines the xmlURL.
The // signifies that the line is a comment and that the browser should ignore it.
eg. change:

.. to:

fo.addVariable("xmlURL", "gallery2.xml");

I got a 24hr IP ban from my hosting provider for refreshing the page from so many tries lol hmm But that definitely sounds like it could do the trick. As soon as I'm back in, ill test it out.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile
That's awesome, that did it!! I swear I was so mad I was about to punch my computer. I can't believe I overlooked that, I was convinced that it had something to do either with the directory path or file permissions, didnt even think that I was stating it just as optional. Once again, thank you so much.

One last thing, right now in my images folder, I only have 1 image, and on my gallery.xml file I removed the

<caption>sdfsadfsd</caption>

tags, however, for some reason, the one image still says "Example Gallery An example large format <u>AutoViewer</u> gallery"

I also tried removing the cache from my browser, in case it has something to do with that, but it still shows. Is there a specific way to remove this?

Last edited by thetrillest (2012-03-22 00:17:34)

It sounds like your browser's cache has not been successfully cleared and it is still hanging onto (and using) an older version of your gallery's XML file.
Try loading the gallery's XML file directly in your browser, reload the page (by pressing F5) and then reload the gallery itself.

Also, rather than completely remove the <caption> tags from the XML file, it would be safer to leave them in but empty.

<caption></caption>
Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.