Topic: Thumbnail question

Hi all,

Ok I am using SV Pro v2.0.3 because I'm on a Mac ppc G5. Is there any way to have the thumbnails scroll when you mouse over the thumbnail area?

Thanks for any help.

Re: Thumbnail question

If you want the thumbnail page to advance when the user hovers over the thumbnail navigation arrows, then this is not possible. The thumbnail navigation arrows must be clicked by the user.
The only preconfigured 'hover' options relating to the thumbnails are whether to change the main image when the user hovers over a particular thumbnail (via the changeImageOnHover option) and whether to change the caption when the user hovers over a particular thumbnail (via the changeCaptionOnHover option).

One possible solution would be to implement the SimpleViewer-Pro API.
You could place controls (whether text or custom images) to navigate backwards and forwards through the thumb pages elsewhere on your web page, use the getThumbPageIndex() method to determine the current thumbnail page and call the showThumbPage() method 'onmouseover' when the user hovers over your controls.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thank you for replying. I did not think it was possible but I had to ask smile

The main problem I am trying to resolve in trying to doing this is the arrow placement for the thumb navigation. I have a 1 column with 7 rows with the advance arrows are at the bottom, so it is vertical and placed on the left side of the page. When you do this the arrows that advance the thumbs to the next set are stacked on top of each other and are non-functioning buttons at that point. I did try the numbered advance but I like the arrows.

Is there a way to move one of the buttons down bellow the other? So both are visible and I would think functioning then. I'm using svBuilder v2.0.3.

Thanks for any help.

Is there a way to move one of the buttons down bellow the other?

No, this is not possible.
I cannot replicate this problem using the latest version of SimpleViewer (v2.3.0).
Please post the URL to your gallery so that I can take a look and perhaps suggest an alternative solution (other than using the SimpleViewer-Pro API).

Steven Speirs

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Again I did not think that was possible with v2.0.3, had to ask though.

I found that using the Numeric Thumb Nav Style worked in the configuration that I have.

Again thanks for the help with this older version of SV Pro. Just wish I had an intel Mac so I could get v2.3.0 it is so much nicer big_smile

Have a great day.

Again I did not think that was possible with v2.0.3, had to ask though.

The SimpleViewer-Pro API was introduced in v2.0: http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/history.html

Steven Speirs

Hi,

The issue is not with SV Pro it is as solid as a rock. I have been using SV Pro since v1.x.

I can't run the svBuilder v2.3.0 because Adobe Air no longer supports Mac ppc. After Adobe Air v2.0.3 they stop there support for Air on Mac ppc .

So unfortunately SV Pro v2.3.0 will not work for me because of Adobe Air not SV Pro. I hope that is not what you thought I meant. Again SimpleViewer is as solid as a rock and I use it all the time big_smile Actually I bought Adobe Flash a long time ago because of how solid is SV and the possibilities of customization smile

Last edited by racerx (2012-03-26 03:29:27)

I hope that is not what you thought I meant.

I realise you may have had an issue with support for Adobe Air on your PPC Mac. However, the SimpleViewer-Pro API is still available to you as you use SimpleViewer-Pro v2.0.3.

After Adobe Air v2.0.3 they stop there support for Air on Mac ppc .

I think you might mean Adobe AIR v1.5.3. Below is a quote from this page: http://helpx.adobe.com/air/kb/archived- … rsion.html

AIR 1.5.3 is the last version of AIR that supports Mac PowerPC and Windows 2000. AIR applications that require AIR 2 or later cannot be installed or used on a Macintosh PowerPC or a computer running the Windows 2000 operating system.

Even though you are unable to run svBuilder-Pro, whatever method you are employing to create your SimpleViewer v2.0.3 galleries, you may still be able to use it to create SimpleViewer v2.3.0 galleries: http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … #templates
Upgrades are free within the same major version number so you could download the latest version using the link from your purchase email. Please see the 'Upgrading SimpleViewer-Pro' page for details: http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … grade.html

Steven Speirs

Hi,

Thanks for all the info. Had no idea there was an Air v1.5.3. Also thanks for letting me know about SV Pro v2.3.0, I'm going to download that now.

This is why I like SV Pro so much it is a great product and has the best support of any download software I have every bought  big_smile

Thank you so much.