Topic: Artifacts when using SV-Pro

Hello,

Last evening I purchased Simpleview Pro 2.3 after using the Lightroom 3 plugin of Simpleviewer and enjoying it.

When using the standalone (SVP 2.3) software and generating a gallery, then uploading to my website, I'm getting artifacts(?) (color streaks) through my photos.  When viewing the images in the directory before uploading, no artifacts exist.

I'm uploading to the gallery several ways

1) Generating a gallery from within the standalone software and uploading - Artifacts exist

2) Generating a gallery from within Lightroom, then modifying the gallery with more customization within the standalone software and uploading - artifacts exist

3) Using the Pro plugin within Lightroom w/o using the standalone, and uploading directly from lightroom - artifacts exist.  (although I'm getting the "missing svcore file" that some have been getting but that's another issue).

4) Using the free plugin within Lightroom w/o using the standalone, and uploading directly from lightroom - artifacts DO NOT exist.

Again, viewing these files before uploading show clean photos.  The artifacts appear when either generating a gallery from the standalone or using the Lightroom SV Pro Plugin.

AK

Re: Artifacts when using SV-Pro

If using svBuilder-Pro to create a gallery, you can either:
(1) Click the 'Change...' button in the 'Image Size' control panel on the 'Images' tab and increase the image quality from the default value of 80.
... or:
(2) Deselect the 'Resize Images' checkbox (also in the 'Image Size' control panel on the 'Images' tab) before adding images to your gallery. svBuilder-Pro will then simply copy your original images across to the output gallery folder without resizing them.

TTG SimpleViewer (the Lightroom web module) also has settings (Image Size, Image Quality and Sharpening) that can be changed which will affect the quality of the resized images. These options can be found under TTG SimpleViewer's 'Output Settings' control panel.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.