Topic: Quick question...

Hi all,

Just wanted to make sure I'm not missing something. I'm on a Mac G5 ppc using the SV-Pro v2.3.0 new Photoshop cs3 script only, and not using svbuilder v2.3.0.

The issue which I think is just because I have a ppc; Is when I make a gallery with photoshop all seems to run fine but no gallery is produced.

The folder in photoshop>scripts>SimpleViewer contains:
SimpleViewer.jsx
svcore

Inside the svcore>swf folder I put the simpleviewer_icc.swf from the SV-Pro download.

Everything is put in the output folder but the simpleviewer_icc.swf is not in the svcore>swf folder. And if I put it in there after the gallery is made it makes no difference no gallery appears. How ever if I use the older photoshop script the gallery shows fine.

Is this just a PPC thing? Or am I missing something? Thanks for any and all help.

Re: Quick question...

Everything is put in the output folder but the simpleviewer_icc.swf is not in the svcore>swf folder. And if I put it in there after the gallery is made it makes no difference no gallery appears.

'simpleviewer_icc.swf' is a SimpleViewer-Pro file which is not found in the SimpleViewer-Standard package (which the Photoshop script comes bundled with).
It is used only when the Pro Embed Code Parameter useColorCorrection (which, being a Pro option, is not changeable in the Photoshop script's user interface) is set to 'true'.
The Photoshop script copies only those files that come with the script (those for SimpleViewer-Standard).
For further details on the useColorCorrection Embed Code Parameter, please see the following pages:
http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/su … #trouble_7
http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/su … trouble_13
http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/pr … html#color

If you want to force your Photoshop-generated gallery to use your Pro 'simpleviewer_icc.swf' file, once you have replaced the Standard 'svcore' folder in the Photoshop script with your Pro 'svcore' folder, delete the existing 'simpleviewer.swf' file and rename the 'simpleviewer_icc.swf' file to 'simpleviewer.swf'.

I will log a bug report and the next version of the Photoshop script will copy the Pro 'simpleviewer_icc.swf' file (if it is present) into the output gallery folder. Then, all you would have to do for your gallery to use the 'simpleviewer_icc.swf' file would be to alter your gallery's embedding code to set the useColorCorrection parameter to 'true'.

Thank you for reporting.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Here's the solution to copying the 'simpleviewer_icc.swf' file when you have replaced the Standard 'svcore' folder in the Photoshop script with the Pro version.
Open up the 'SimpleViewer.jsx' file in a plain text editor.
Add the following code at line 646:

var iccPath = scriptLocation.slice(0, -17) + "svcore/swf/simpleviewer_icc.swf";
var iccFile = File(iccPath);
iccFile.copy(outputFolder + "/svcore/swf/simpleviewer_icc.swf");
Steven Speirs

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I added the line of code on line 646. It did not work completely the simpleviewer.js file in the svcore folder did not transfer to the output folder.

I will just use the older version of the PS script (which works fine) then I'll just add the svcore folder to the new gallery folder. This process seems to work fine.

And I'll just wait till there is an update on the PS cs3 script.

Thanks again for your help smile

It did not work completely the simpleviewer.js file in the svcore folder did not transfer to the output folder.

Made sure you add the code to the 'SimpleViewer.jsx' file and do not overwrite any existing lines.

Steven Speirs

Hi,

Ya I did add it to the SimpleViewer.jsx without over writing anything. I did try it again on a new SimpleViewer.jsx from the original ps script download with no luck.

So I'll just add the svcore folder to the newly made gallery and use the HTML embedding code. Doing this works.  smile

Thanks again.

It did not work completely the simpleviewer.js file in the svcore folder did not transfer to the output folder.

I've just remembered. There is another issue.
Any JavaScript files within the script folder show up in Photoshop's 'File -> Scripts' list (even though they are not actually scripts themselves). The accepted way to hide them from the 'File -> Scripts' list (and thus prevent users from clicking them and receiving error messages) is to prefix the JavaScript files with the '~' character. The script contains pre-hidden JavaScript files only only copies '~simpleviewer.js' and '~swfobject.js'.
I will ensure that this is fixed in the next version, also.
In the meantime, once you have replaced the 'svcore' folder, prefix both JavaScript files in the 'svcore/js/' folder with the '~' character.

Steven Speirs

Hi,

I went to the svcore/js folder that is in the PS script folder and both js files there already have ~ as a prefix.

In the svcore/swf both simpleviewer.swf and simpleviewer_icc.swf don't have the ~ prefix (and both transfer to the output ƒ) so I tried removing the ~ prefix on both the svcore/js files and that did not work ether.

Just fyi. Again thanks for the help.

In the svcore/swf both simpleviewer.swf and simpleviewer_icc.swf don't have the ~ prefix (and both transfer to the output ƒ)

Only JavaScript files are displayed in the scripts list and can be hidden by the ~. Other file types (such as .swf files) are not displayed in the list and therefore do not need to be hidden.

So I'll just add the svcore folder to the newly made gallery and use the HTML embedding code. Doing this works.

Until the Photoshop script is next updated, at least you have found a suitable workaround.

Steven Speirs