Topic: How to Create an Easily Updated Gallery?

Apologies, I have posted this previously elsewhere but realilse that it may be a PRO related query so have posted twice. I hope this is okay?

Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me please?
I am trying to put together multiple gallery pages for someone's website which they want to be able to update, re-order, tag etc in their own time. They need to be able to do this easily as they do not understand html at all and do not want to have to come to me everytime they want to make changes. They have a Google account and have uploaded, sorted and named their albums already through Google's Picasa Web Albums online. I've already tried embedding an album as a slideshow directly from PWA but it looks awful. I came across the SimpleViewer Picasa Template and it looks as though it could create the exact look they are after, eg white borders, large image above, five thumbnails underneath etc. Perfect!
I've had a look at the instructions and it looks like they need to have Picasa 3 installed on their computer, and to have created the albums in this software on their hard-drive, before exporting to html. They haven't done this. However, I now realise that they can download their finished galleries from Google to Picasa 3 after installation, so can get around the problem that way. From what I can gather, once the html code has been generated through SimpleViewer and embedded into the site, it will only display the images included at the time of its creation. Is this correct? This will not do as they will want to add, remove or re-order images in the future. What I would like to know is, is there a way to use SimpleViewer to embed galleries from their online account into their website, which can then added to/updated easily without the need for any further code generation? I would just like to know if this is a possibility and if so, how this would work. I would be happy to pay for the Pro version if this will do the trick.
Many thanks,

Re: How to Create an Easily Updated Gallery?

Please see the replies to your query in this thread: … p?id=15683

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.