Topic: Webcam images in svMAnager

I may not know how to search for this question as I have not found the answer. I have webcams that automatically upload via FTP to my webserver. In the demo version of svManager I see only a way to upload images to svManager but not point the manager to a specific folder of images that already on the server. Is this possible? A secondary question would be is the sort function dynamic as a client views the gallery or only when the gallery is first created?

Re: Webcam images in svMAnager

I have solved the issue of uploading images by having the camera upload to the proper svGallery folder on the server. For each 24 hour period there are 144 images (one image every 10 minutes). As the next 24 hour period rolls around the images are overwritten with a new image as the appropriate time comes. I have this working with both a main image file and the thumbnails.

The gallery works well except for sorting. I would like to have the images automatically sort by file date when the gallery loads or is refreshed in the browser.  Can this be done with svManager?

Mark

I have this working with both a main image file and the thumbnails.

Nice!

I would like to have the images automatically sort by file date when the gallery loads or is refreshed in the browser.  Can this be done with svManager?

I don't see any easy way of doing this. The sort order is set by the sequence of tags in the gallery.xml file so you would need to re-create the gallery.xml every 10 minutes.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks for the answer Jack. I suspected it would not be simple. I do not know PHP or Flash so rely on premade software like SV. I love the product but for my purposes with the webcam I need to have to have the sort function dynamic. It is appearing I may need to roll up my sleeves a delve into the world of PHP myself. If only there were more time....iou

I found the following on the SV FAQ pertaining to the previous version:

22. Using buildgallery.php, how can I sort my images by filename or in forward date order?

By default buildgallery.php sorts images in reverse date order. To change sort options, edit buildgallery.php. In the gallery options, set sortByDate and sortInReverseOrder as required

What is buildgallery.php?

Last edited by TBCMarkus (2012-04-12 23:30:27)

What is buildgallery.php?

It is (was?) a fairly simple php program to generate the gallery.xml. It hasn't been upgraded for quite a long time so I don't think it's a good starting point for what you are trying to do.

I don't suppose you could upload your images to Flickr could you??? SimpleViewer Pro can load and sort Flickr images but (afaik) there's no way for SimpleViewer to do it's own sorting when it's driven from an xml file.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.