Topic: Serous problems with embedding Flickr

I am really new to this so forgive me.  I have uploaded the Simpleviewer folder that I downloaded to the server, I have created a gallery using simple builder, I have used the embed code, and NOTHING.  I cannot for the life of me get it to work.  What am I missing.  It appears to me that the embed code is not sufficient enough to pull from flickr?  Is there some additional manipulation that needs to be performed in the gallery.xml file?  For a while it was working fine in while testing locally, but when I uploaded to server I got "Gallery XML not found".  Now Im getting nothing at all.  Please help.

Re: Serous problems with embedding Flickr

If you want to simply upload a gallery to be displayed on its own page, then create a gallery with svBuilder, upload the gallery folder to your web server and open the gallery's 'index.html' page in a browser.
If you want to embed a gallery in an existing HTML page alongside other content, then please follow the instructions in the 'SimpleViewer Embedding Guide' here: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/su … l#external
If you continue to experience difficulties, please post the URL to your gallery so that I can take a look.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I am very confused by the hierarchy here.  When you say "your gallery"  what do you mean?  To me the gallery is housed by flickr.  I have no internal gallery.  Am I supposed to create one?  Maybe I am totally confused but that seems to negate the point what I am trying to accomplish using this.  Pictures located on flickr -> code snipet to pull said pictures to website.  In the svbuilber what am I supposed to put in the gallery folder and index page name fields?  Is that in fact creating the "gallery"?  And then what?  So sorry for my ignorance.

website address is http://www.allseasonscrappiefishing.com … hotos.html

Where should I place the "gallery"?

I am trying to create three separate galleries using tags in flickr to identify each one and pull them accordingly so that my client can upload photos himself to flickr.

Every SimpleViewer gallery, whether it contains local images or pulls in images from a Flickr account, needs both the 'svcore' folder and an XML file, containing the gallery's configuration settings and either a list of images to display or your Flickr account details.

In the svbuilber what am I supposed to put in the gallery folder and index page name fields?

Create an empty folder and point svBuilder towards it using the 'Browse...' button (or click 'Make New Folder' after clicking 'Browse...'). This will be your gallery folder.
You can call the Index Page Name anything you like (or leave it as 'index.html'). This is simply a page which you would open in a browser to view the gallery on its own.

Is that in fact creating the "gallery"?

If you create a gallery using svBuilder (by clicking 'Save' on the 'Publish' tab), all the required files will be contained in your gallery folder.

And then what?

If you wish to embed the gallery in an existing HTML page alongside other content, then please follow the instructions in the 'SimpleViewer Embedding Guide' here: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/su … l#external

Steven Speirs

I have got this working great....however, I need the title and description that is populating over from Flickr to appear below the image, not over the image on hover.  How do I achieve this?

Thanks

Please see my reply to your post in this thread.

Steven Speirs