Topic: adding a menu item

Is it possible to either add a new menu item or a secondary text link such as the back button to SimpleViewer Pro V2?
I'd like to give the viewer the option of clicking a button that links to a zipping php file to download a zip file of the image gallery and I prefer it to be grouped with the other menu options if possible.

Re: adding a menu item

There is only one configurable Back Button in SimpleViewer-Pro.
However, you could link the 'Open Image in New Window' Button Bar button (and corresponding right-click option) to your PHP page.
Set showOpenButton="TRUE" in your gallery's XML file.
Set the linkURL attribute for each <image> tag in your gallery's XML file to be the URL for your PHP page.
Change the button's 'Open Image in New Window' rollover tooltip text to something more appropriate (such as 'Click to Download Zip File') using the languageList option, a description of which can be found in the FlashVar Options section of the SimpleViewer-Pro Config Options page.

Alternatively, you could overlay a link on top of the gallery by including code such as the following in the <body> section of your gallery's HTML index page. Note that for this to work, your gallery will need to have a transparent background. Please see this FAQ for details: … ml#embed_6

<div id="overlay" style="position: absolute; top: 10px; left: 10px; z-index: 99;">
    <a href="page.php">Click to Download Zip File</a>
Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks for the speedy response.
I went with the alternate method, including code on the html file.

I'm curious if it is possible to have this code embedded automatically when generating galleries with Simpleviewer Pro.

If you would like to automatically include code in your gallery's HTML index page when creating a gallery with svBuilder-Pro, you can add it by editing the following file in a plain text editor:

C:\Program Files (x86)\svBuilder-Pro\template\index.html

(Please note that your 'program files' path will differ on a 32-bit Windows operating system or on a MAC.)

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.