Topic: Mobile problem in Firefox

I'm using ja jquery script for detecting the height and width of the screen and manipulate via is the css codes of my page.
In Chrome and in IE all is ok, but in Firefox simpleviewer always loads a "cls-mobile-flash" and "svcp-0-sv-mobile-flash-swf" container with 0.1 height.
Where is my Problem?

jquery script:

<script type="text/javascript" >
$(window).load(function(){
$(window).resize(function(){
        var h = $(window).height();
        var w = $(window).width();
        $("#wrapper").css('width', w);
        $("#wrapper").css('height', h);
        $("#container").css('height', h*0.72);
       $("#main").css('height', h*0.72);
})
$(window).resize(); //on page load
});
</script>

Re: Mobile problem in Firefox

These entries may be browser-specific to ensure that the gallery is displayed correctly in the browser in question, similar in principle to the known Firefox issue described in this FAQ: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/su … ml#embed_7

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

That's not useful.
I followed this steps but in Firefox he always uses the mobile container things with no height.
The first question is why he uses that "mobile versions" in firefox at all , the secont what i can do.

Sincerely

Ghost40k

I quoted the FAQ only as an example to show that there may be occasions where additional code is required to display a SimpleViewer gallery correctly in certain browsers.
I am not one of the developers of SimpleViewer and can only assume that 'cls-mobile-flash' and 'svcp-0-sv-mobile-flash-swf' are used only in Firefox because they are required only in Firefox. I also do not know why these CSS id and class selectors are named as such.

The first question is why he uses that "mobile versions" in firefox at all , the secont what i can do.

I do not understand what you mean by 'why he uses that "mobile versions" in firefox at all'.
Is there a problem with the display of your gallery in Firefox?
Does it use the Mobile Player rather than the Flash Player?
If so, check that Adobe Flash Player is installed in your browser by visiting this page.

Steven Speirs

I have done some further testing and the <div id="svcp-0-sv-mobile-flash" class="cls-mobile-flash"> is constructed internally in IE9, Safari 5.1.5, Chrome 18 and Firefox 11 and is not unique to Firefox. Is it simply the height of this <div> that is the problem? Does your gallery essentially not display in Firefox (or, technically, does it display with a height of 0.1 px)? If so, please post the URL to your gallery so that I can take a look at the full code of your page.

Steven Speirs

It's just the problem that these div tags in firefox seems to have problems by setting height with % ... i added de "mobile" divs to the jquery script and gave them a explicit height... but that's seems to be a bit dirty (i know that the jquerycode above is dirty too smile )
Do you have an idea how to fix that problem in another way? .. Chrome IE and Opera seems to understad the "%" .

Rather than setting the height of your containers using this format:

$("#wrapper").css('height', h);

... try using this alternative:

$("#wrapper").height(h);

Also, make sure you are using the latest version of jQuery (v1.7.2) in case any bugs in previous versions (which may since have been fixed) are contributing to your problem.

Steven Speirs