Topic: Default "Add New Gallery" Configuration?

Can anyone give me a pointer as to where I can change the default setting of a "Add New Gallery" configuration?  All my new galleries are similarly configured, and rather than reconfigure each new gallery to fit the others, I just want to edit the default settings so I make less edits for each new gallery.

Re: Default "Add New Gallery" Configuration?

Please see the 'Presets' section of the svBuilder-Pro User Guide: http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … o/#presets
It does not change the default settings but once you have clicked 'Add New Gallery' you can quickly select your custom 'Preset' via the 'Options -> Load Preset...' option from svBuilder-Pro's top drop-down menu.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I'm using the WP-Simpleviewer interface for wordpress, all my images galleries are hosted through Flickr - so basically I'm creating my galleries through Wordpress -- is there somewhere I can hard code the defaults in the "Add New Gallery" page of WP-Simpleviewer?  (I see no support for presets on the wordpress interface).

You can change the default settings for WP-SimpleViewer v2.3.0 in the file 'config.php'.
Open the file in a plain text editor and make the changes starting at line 59.
For example, to change the default number of Thumbnail Rows from '1' to '2', change:

<input type="text" id="thumbRows" name="thumbRows" value="1" size="20" />

... to:

<input type="text" id="thumbRows" name="thumbRows" value="2" size="20" />
Steven Speirs

Hi Stephen, thanks, this is helpful.

I also use a lot of Pro settings in my WP-Simpleviewer implementation. Is there somewhere I can add these to the default gallery settings in the plugin? I need my site editors to be able to add galleries easily and would like them to not have to paste in heaps of Pro settings code.

@flobud

You can add Pro Options to the default values when creating a gallery in WP-SimpleViewer by editing the plugin's 'config.php' file in a plain text editor and inserting the options within the <textarea></textarea> tags on line 252.
For example, change:

<textarea id="prooptions" name="prooptions" cols="50" rows="5" ></textarea>

... to:

<textarea id="prooptions" name="prooptions" cols="50" rows="5">optionName1="value1"
optionName2="value2"
optionName3="value3"</textarea>
Steven Speirs

Wow, that easy?! Thanks so much!

Just tried it and works perfectly. Thank you.