Topic: Possibilities of Simpleviewer Pro in combination with svManager

Hi there.
I have got a question about the use of Simpleviewer Pro in combination with svManager.
I want to obtain the following situation:

Website with several galleries. Each gallery contains a theme. See for example my website www.kijkopfotografie.nl under the menu item "Gallery"

In the root of the websitefolder I place different folders for each gallery. Inside the galleryfolders I want to place the gallery.html files with the pictures belonging to the galleries. Within the gallery.html files I want to have the simpleviewer galleries embedded. The initial build of the galleries will be done by using Simpleviewer Pro in combination with svBuilder Pro.

Due to the fact that I am cooperating with a friend who has not much expertise on html I want to use svManager to maintain the folder (adding and removing pictures and captions).

Can you tell me whether the situation I discribed is possible?

Hope to here from you soon. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Marcel Peekel
(The Netherlands)

Last edited by peekel (2012-04-28 15:10:12)

Re: Possibilities of Simpleviewer Pro in combination with svManager

It looks like you are using iframes to embed your galleries – good – this makes things easier for svManager.

I think the easiest way would be to install svManager, create copies of your galleries inside the svManager folder, import them into svManager and then change the iframe links to point to the new galleries. This way you can get it all working and tested-out and then you can delete your old galleries when they are no longer needed.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the respons. If I understand it correct it is possible to redesign the gallery pages with simpleviewer pro. The gallery pages than have to be put in the svManager folder. The svManager Pro part completes it all.

Regards,
Marcel

it is possible to redesign the gallery pages with simpleviewer pro

yes

The gallery pages than have to be put in the svManager folder

It's easiest to put the gallery folders inside the svManager folder. You can leave the gallery html pages where they are and embed the galleries with an iframe like you do now.

The svManager Pro part completes it all.

Use the svManager import facility to allow svManager to control your galleries. You can then upload new images, set captions etc in svManager. You can also create new galleries in the same style with the svManager clone facility.

I think your steps from where you are now are:

• Install svManager in a folder under your web root folder and get it all working

• Copy your existing gallery folders (not the html page, just the gallery folder) into the svManager folder

• Browse to the copy galleries to check they still work and you haven't messed up any paths

• Import the galleries into svManager and check everything works

• Change the iframes in your web pages to point to the new galleries

• Test thoroughly and then delete or archive your old galleries

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi Jack,

Thanks again for the explanation. This pulls me over the line to purchase Simpleviewer Pro and scManager Pro.

Regards,
Marcel

Hi Jack,

Today I've tried to rebuild the landscape gallery of my website. What a nice gallery-builder sv_Builder Pro is. Lots of possibilities. However I ran into a problem. When I want to embed the gallery through iframes the dropdownmenu of my website does not seem to function as before. The gallery sits in front of some items of the dropdownmenus. Only the first item in each dropdownmenu is visible. I am using the flash-option in "Embed options". Can you advice on how to solve this issue? Thanks.

Regards,
Marcel

EDIT: Problem solved : I checked Background Transparent.

Last edited by peekel (2012-05-05 15:47:41)