Topic: Change navigation button style in Wordpress SW plugin?

Is it possible to change the style of the navigation buttons when using the SW plugin?

If I understood a guy correctly, you have to change the flash files. Is it a simple or complicated task to change the style of these buttons?

I'd like to make them look more like this: < >
Would it be possible to add image number between the buttons too? < 3/4 >

Re: Change navigation button style in Wordpress SW plugin?

Is it possible to change the style of the navigation buttons when using the SW plugin?

Yes. Using the 'COMPACT' Gallery Style will automatically use the 'CURSOR' Image Navigation Style.
Using the 'CLASSIC' Gallery Style will use the 'CLASSIC' Image Navigation Style and using the 'MODERN' Gallery Style will use the 'CIRCLE' Image Navigation Style.

In order to set the Image Navigation Style independently of the Gallery Style (and to access any of the other Image Navigation Styles, such as 'BIG', 'SQUARE' or 'TRIANGLE'), you would need to:
(1) Purchase SimpleViewer-Pro
(2) Upgrade WP-SimpleViewer from SimpleViewer-Standard to SimpleViewer-Pro
(3) Enter the required imageNavStyle option into WP-SimpleViewer's 'Pro Options' text area

Details of the galleryStyle and imageNavStyle options can be found on the SimpleViewer-Pro Config Options page.

If I understood a guy correctly, you have to change the flash files.

This is not possible with SimpleViewer v2 as SimpleViewer-Pro does not come with source code.
Please see this FAQ for details:
Does SimpleViewer-Pro include the Source Code?

An alternative would be to disable SimpleViewer's own image navigation arrows (by setting showImageNav="NEVER") and use your own text/buttons/images elsewhere on your HTML page to act like SimpleViewer's own 'Previous' and 'Next' buttons by implementing the SimpleViewer-Pro API (specifically the showPreviousImage() and showNextImage() methods). (Please note that this is a SimpleViewer-Pro option only and may be difficult to integrate into a WordPress environment.)

Would it be possible to add image number between the buttons too? < 3/4 >

This is not possible with any preconfigured SimpleViewer-Standard or SimpleViewer-Pro options.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thank you for the reply Steven. I do have the pro version installed.

I may have not been clear enough about which buttons I mean.
I'm using the buttons that pop up when I use the pro option showNavButtons="TRUE". I've disabled the other buttons and don't use thumbnails. In the config options, it's called Button Bar

Two buttons, one right one left, appeared over the gallery. I've since relocated the buttons to bottom right. I don't know if these buttons follow the galleryStyle function, but the buttons disappear whenever I chose 'CLASSIC' or 'COMPACT'. They appear as shown below when I use 'MODERN'. It doesn't matter which style I use when the other buttons are disabled, if the Button Bar buttons don't change style.

http://i46.tinypic.com/5k22og.jpg

It is a small detail, but I thought I'd ask. Thank you for your time.

Last edited by Zeph (2012-05-02 11:33:05)

Thank you for clarifying.
Unfortunately, the images used for the Button Bar buttons cannot be changed.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.