Topic: Gallery XML Not Found

Hi Steven

I've scoured the forum and other sites looking for the answer to this, but none of the information I've found has worked.  I can't for the life of me work out what I'm doing wrong and/or what step(s) I'm missing! ;(  My client is desperate for this site to be live so I have to get this sorted asap.  Help please!

I'm building the website using Wordpress, and I'm using the latest version of the free Simpleviewer program.

This what I've done:

1. Created a new gallery using svBuilder, saved to computer.

2. Uploaded gallery to hosting account.

3. Used the BaseURL embedding code:

<!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED.-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.example.com/mygallery/svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
var flashvars = {};
flashvars.baseURL = "http://www.example.com/mygallery/";
simpleviewer.ready(function () {
simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "100%", "222222", true, flashvars);
});
</script>
<div id="sv-container"></div>
<!-- END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->

and changed the src and flashvars.baseURL to the appropriate ones.

4. Created page on Wordpress site and inserted the above html code into the HTML view page, then saved.

When I view the page I can see where the simpleviewer gallery will be displayed, only the size of the box is a skinny rectangle (I'm assuming that's because there aren't any images displaying in it) and it has the message "Gallery XML Not Found" showing on it.

What am I missing?

Do I need to make any changes to the gallery.xml file or index.html file? 

When I view each of them they appear to be perfectly fine.  The gallery.xml file has all the parameters listed in it and each of the images. 

I'm obviously missing something!

The other issue I had yesterday which isn't happening now, but in case it does again is:

The gallery WAS showing on one of the pages, but not in the right dimensions! 

The thumbnail images were displaying along the bottom as I wanted them to, but the main image was not displaying above them, although I could see a tiny little square where the large image should have been displaying. 

The gallery width and height were both set to 100%, so I don't understand what the issue is.

Kylie

Re: Gallery XML Not Found

Did you try the WP-SimpleViewer Wordpress plugin? http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … pleviewer/

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks Felix

I tried the plugin but prefer using svBuilder. 

Kylie

Last edited by Kylie (2012-05-08 09:53:07)

Is anyone able to assist me with this please???

and it has the message "Gallery XML Not Found" showing on it.

What am I missing?

Do I need to make any changes to the gallery.xml file or index.html file?

If you are uploading your complete gallery folder, there there is no need to make any changes to any of the files within the folder.
Make sure your baseURL is correct and ends with a trailing slash. Take care with subdomains such as 'www' which may or may not redirect to your main domain name. Also, make sure that you have the 'flashvars' parameter included in your simpleviewer.load() line.

although I could see a tiny little square where the large image should have been displaying.

This may be due to your theme not explicitly setting the heights for all parent containers of your gallery via CSS.
Try reverting to the default WordPress theme to see if this makes a difference.
A solution which should work regardless of the theme is to change your gallery's height from a percentage (100%) to an absolute pixel value, such as 600px.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks, Steven.

I'll give that a go. smile