Topic: embedding in blogger

Please please help. So after about 4 days straight sat on the computer trying to figure this out ive hit the end of my tether with simpleviewer. But i cant give up because i love the gallery! For the life of me i dont understand this embedding part. Ive got the embed code from SV builder i know how to find the files but i dont understand where i put these files and how? Im completely lost so i need a 'for dummies' version if you can help! Ive made it through picasa, used the SV picasa template and then went through SV builder to customise it.

So basically, i want to add it to a 'gallery' link that leads to a seperate page on blogger. Ideal situation is that exactly what i see when i preview the gallery is what everyone else will get when they click the gallery link on my blog. How do i even copy the files and then where do i put them? do i put them inside the embed code, after the embed code? please please help ive been on this for days.

Re: embedding in blogger

First of all, you will need to upload your gallery folder to a web server.
If you have web space with a regular web host, then you can upload your gallery folder to your web space using an FTP program such as Filezilla.
If you do not have an account with a web host, then a suitable host for a SimpleViewer gallery would be Dropbox.

To upload your gallery folder to Dropbox:
(1) Download and install the Dropbox client program
(2) Run the install program and sign up for a free Dropbox account
(3) Create your SimpleViewer gallery with the method of your choice
(4) Drag and drop the entire gallery folder into the 'Public' folder within the newly created Dropbox folder on your computer
(5) Navigate towards your gallery's 'index.html' file (within 'username/Dropbox/Public/gallery_folder/'), right-click it and select 'Dropbox -> Copy public link'

If you wish to embed your gallery in a blog entry, use an <iframe> whose 'src' attribute points towards the 'index.html' page within your gallery folder (the URL you copied in Step #5 above if using Dropbox), e.g.:

<iframe src="URL_to_gallery_index_page" width="800" height="600" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

If you wish to link directly to your gallery from a blog entry (to open the gallery on its own page), use a hyperlink (again, pointing towards the gallery's 'index.html' page):

<a href="URL_to_gallery_index_page">Click here to view gallery.</a>
Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thank you! That worked great! One last thing, when i want to add new photos, do i just add them to the picasa gallery and they upload to my simpleviewer automatically or do i go through the whole process again?

Once you have edited your gallery (to add/remove images or change the layout), just drag and drop the gallery folder into the Dropbox 'Public' folder (Step #4 above) to replace the existing gallery. A long as you do not change the gallery folder name or index page name, the URL to your gallery will remain the same so you will not need to do anything to your blog page.
In order to see the changes you have made, you may need to clear your browser's cache before reloading the gallery.

Steven Speirs

Thank you Steven it worked like a charm. One more question, will there be any official release when it comes to blogger?

@Kan5

As far as I am aware, there are no plans to create a SimpleViewer plugin for Blogger.

Steven Speirs