Topic: Just Can't Get It To present the same In Android or iphone

I've managed complete cross browser operation for my gallery on http://www.thebuilderssw.com/gallery.htm It does appear on mobiles and iphones but looks and behaves completely differently.
I'm a relative novice at embedding this sort of software into a web page. However, my other pages have a different image gallery and they all work perfectly in android and iphone. My home page is an example  http://www.thebuilderssw.com
Any suggestions...........please!!!

Last edited by thebuilderssw (2012-05-18 20:35:22)

Re: Just Can't Get It To present the same In Android or iphone

It does appear on mobiles and iphones but looks and behaves completely differently.

Please see these FAQs for details:
When I view my gallery I see a grid of thumbnails, not the layout I specified. Why?
The mobile player layout does not match the Flash player layout. Why not?

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Steven Speirs wrote:

It does appear on mobiles and iphones but looks and behaves completely differently.

When I view my gallery I see a grid of thumbnails, not the layout I specified. Why?

That isn't particularly helpful. Are you saying that the product that I purchased today is incapable of presenting in what is now the most used platform in the world?

thebuilderssw wrote:
Steven Speirs wrote:

That isn't particularly helpful. Are you saying that the product that I purchased today is incapable of presenting in what is now the most used platform in the world?

When I remove the code, my empty page presents OK again. When I put the code back in everything appears oversized and the layout won't fit on the mobile page. I look forward to something other than a link to a page that is of no help at all to a novice!

SimpleViewer was initially designed as a Flash image viewer and as mobile devices do not support Flash, a Mobile Player was introduced so that SimpleViewer galleries could be displayed on mobile devices (otherwise, nothing would be seen be the viewer other than a 'Get Flash Player' message).
It would be very difficult to replicate the layout, functionality and features of the Flash Player using HTML, CSS and JavaScript which is why the Mobile Player layout differs from that of the Flash Player so greatly.

Steven Speirs

I have just viewed your gallery on my iPod and your SimpleViewer gallery seems to fit the page well. I do not see anything oversized and your entire web page (gallery included) is visible without any need for scrolling.
After making any changes to your web page or gallery, try clearing your browser's cache before reloading the gallery.

Steven Speirs

Steven Speirs wrote:

SimpleViewer was initially designed as a Flash image viewer and as mobile devices do not support Flash, a Mobile Player was introduced so that SimpleViewer galleries could be displayed on mobile devices (otherwise, nothing would be seen be the viewer other than a 'Get Flash Player' message).
It would be very difficult to replicate the layout, functionality and features of the Flash Player using HTML, CSS and JavaScript which is why the Mobile Player layout differs from that of the Flash Player so greatly.

I bought it in reliance on this statement on your site

"SimpleViewer-Pro supports Universal Playback and can be viewed on Windows, Mac, Linux, iPhone, iPad and Android."
It was never mentioned that the view would be completely different! Forgive me if I'm pedantic about these things, I was a lawyer in a previous existence.
I'll be emailing you for the money back that was guaranteed!

thebuilderssw wrote:
Steven Speirs wrote:

I bought it in reliance on this statement on your site

"SimpleViewer-Pro supports Universal Playback and can be viewed on Windows, Mac, Linux, iPhone, iPad and Android."
It was never mentioned that the view would be completely different! Forgive me if I'm pedantic about these things, I was a lawyer in a previous existence.
I'll be emailing you for the money back that was guaranteed!

Incidentally, I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S2, which supports Flash

Steven Speirs wrote:

I have just viewed your gallery on my iPod and your SimpleViewer gallery seems to fit the page well. I do not see anything oversized and your entire web page (gallery included) is visible without any need for scrolling.
After making any changes to your web page or gallery, try clearing your browser's cache before reloading the gallery.

Not on my Samsung Galaxy and various others and the layout is different - just a large grid of images in comparison to how it is set up on IE, Firefox and Chrome - thumbs in a row at the bottom.