Topic: Juicebox - how restrict image downloads?

Flash galleries give 'some' protection against unauthorized downloads of images (sure it's possible but needs some efforts and knowledge).

Is that issue somehow solved also in Juicebox?

Re: Juicebox - how restrict image downloads?

Yes, I have exactly the same burning question, because the watermark is not shown on the downloads.
As a professional photographer, this just isn't an acceptable solution. I think HTML provides an option to prevent this.
Some options: http://www.naturefocused.com/articles/i … ction.html

Maybe you could add an option button in the SimpleViewer menu?

Is that issue somehow solved also in Juicebox?

With Juicebox, like SimpleViewer, you can disable the 'Open Image in New Window' button by setting showOpenButton="FALSE" in your gallery's XMl file.
However, when creating a gallery with JuiceboxBuilder-Pro and using the Watermark option, the watermark is baked into the image during the resize process so if the user finds the URL to the image on your website, it will be watermarked.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Do we get this hard waterwark option in SimpleViewer Pro as well?

svBuilder-Pro does not currently support this method of watermarking (whereby the watermark is baked into the main image during the resize process).
If you want the watermark to be part of the main image itself (rather than just being displayed on top of it), you would have to add the watermark to your images in a program such as Photoshop before feeding the images to SimpleViewer.
Please post feature requests in this thread so that they are not overlooked. Thank you.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.