Topic: IE9 crash when download image

Hi,

i added showDownloadButton='true' to the configuration to enable direct download.
In FF button and download works fine, but IE 9 crashes when clicking the button. Tab is closed and reopened, getting a "windows error reporting" popup.

I use absolute image path.

Thanks

Re: IE9 crash when download image

Try running Windows Update and make sure that all updates relating to Internet Explorer have been installed.
Also, please post the URL to your gallery and I can check your gallery's Download Button in IE9 on my PC.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I just bought a new laptop and I'm having the same problem. Galleries are at: http://www.harrisonvillerotary.com/club_doings.htm

@helen

The download button in this gallery: http://www.harrisonvillerotary.com/FlagReady/index.html
... works OK in IE9 on my PC.
Although it is a new laptop, there may still be updates available for Windows, Internet Explorer and Adobe Flash Player.
Try running Windows Update to get the latest Microsoft-related updates and then make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player installed in your browser.

Also, I notice that your galleries use SimpleViewer-Pro v2.2.0.
Try upgrading your galleries to the latest version of SimpleViewer-Pro (v2.3.0) in case any bugs present in v2.2.0 (but fixed in v2.3.0) are responsible for or are contributing to the problem.
You can download the current version of SimpleViewer-Pro by using the download link from your purchase email.
You can then upgrade your existing galleries by replacing the 'svcore' folders in each gallery with the 'svcore' folder from the SimpleViewer-Pro zip package ('simpleviewer_pro_230/web/svcore/').
Please see the Upgrading SimpleViewer-Pro page for further details.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I neglected to load Flash on the new laptop. I did that and everything works great! I will do the rest of the updating. Really appreciate you help!!