Topic: unable to view gallery

Hello,

In prep for some customization I want to do, I have been looking at your javascript_api.html example, however, when I replace the contents of my index.html file with this file's contents, my gallery no longer displays.  I have set enableAPI to TRUE.  What else am I missing?  Files can be viewed at: www.unposed.com/0112ClaireT

Many thanks for your help.

Re: unable to view gallery

Your 'simpleviewer.swf' file is located here: http://www.unposed.com/0112ClaireT/svcore/swf/simpleviewer.swf
... so in the web page whose URL you provided, you should change the line:

swfobject.embedSWF("simpleviewer.swf", "flashContent", "800", "700", "9.0.124", false, flashvars, params,attributes);

... to:

swfobject.embedSWF("svcore/swf/simpleviewer.swf", "flashContent", "800", "700", "9.0.124", false, flashvars, params,attributes);
Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi, Steven,

Made the change as you suggested.  I now get: "SimpleViewer requires JavaScript and the Flash Player. Get Flash".  What do you suggest?

Thanks,
Claire

Your svImageChange function has no closing } and breaks the rest of the JavaScript on the page.

Steven Speirs

That's fixed it ... thanks so much for your help!

New question for you, Steven.  With this new index page, the mobile browser doesn't seem to work any more ... what is needed to allow that detection to continue to work?

Your web page embeds only the SWF file from the 'svcore' folder using swfobject so it will result in a Flash gallery being displayed or nothing. There is no fallback mechanism to display the gallery using any other method.
In order for the Mobile Player to be used if Adobe Flash Player is not detected in the user's browser, the recommended embedding code (found here) must be used.

Steven Speirs