Topic: thumbnails showing but no images.

Hey guys, I've just updated some galleries on my website and my thumbnails are showing but the enlarged images aren't.... its simple viewer V2.3.0 - the older version v2.1.3 seemed to work fine but anything built in the newer doesn't.

so, how do i rectify this?

http://www.tomcookephotography.co.uk/co … 1/com.html is the gallery that is new and doesn't work

http://www.tomcookephotography.co.uk/we … dding.html - is the old that works.

just tried building a new gallery in the old version and this doesn't work either so its only the old galleries on the site - anything new doesn't work!

I've checked the .xml file and thats fine and I've also checked hot linking and thats not on.

any other ideas.

UPDATE :

I have copied the images from another gallery that works and the first image now works and so does a few other images - BUT NOT ALL. it seems it could be something in the .jpg images but i have no idea what - any ideas?

Last edited by tomcookephoto (2012-06-07 10:55:46)

Re: thumbnails showing but no images.

It looks like not all the images have been uploaded to the correct location.
According to your gallery's XML file, the 3rd image should be located here:
http://www.tomcookephotography.co.uk/co … ages/3.jpg
... but going directly to that location in a browser results in the following error:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /commercial1/images/3.jpg on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Make sure that the images have all been uploaded successfully to your 'images' folder and check that the filenames (and file extensions) match the corresponding references in the XML file (remembering that your web server is likely to be case-sensitive so '3.jpg' is not the same as '3.JPG').
Please see this FAQ which deals with seeing crosses where images should be:
My images show locally, but not when I upload them to my webserver. What are possible problems?

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I'm having the same issues as Tom Cooke. My first gallery works perfectly, but I cannot replicate it again for a new gallery no matter what I try!

All the paths are good, but the display is not complete - the large image does not appear in the .html file, nor do some of the controls top right.

I would love this program if it would work for me more than once, and I'm going to have to look for an alternative for my site in progress if I can't get this to work in the next day or so.

I selected 'no flash' as one of the custom options. Tried not selecting that with the same results.

HELP!

Sally G

@sgaren

I selected 'no flash' as one of the custom options.

This will force the gallery to be displayed by the Mobile Player rather than that Flash Player which displays a grid of thumbnails from which the user can select a main image (which is then displayed, replacing the thumbnail page but along with a button on the Button Bar allowing the user to return to the thumbnail page).
Please see these FAQs for details:
When I view my gallery I see a grid of thumbnails, not the layout I specified. Why?
The mobile player layout does not match the Flash player layout. Why not?

the large image does not appear in the .html file, nor do some of the controls top right.

Not only does the layout of the Mobile Player differ from that of the Flash Player, but the majority of the SimpleViewer configuration options are available only to the Flash Player (so many Button Bar options will not be displayed and used by the Mobile Player).

Tried not selecting that with the same results.

If you make any changes to a gallery, you may need to clear your browser's cache before reloading the gallery in order to see the changes (as your browser may be hanging onto and using an older version of your gallery's XML file resulting in the older gallery still being displayed).

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.