Topic: Background Colour Changes in Full Screen

I have the background set to black, and it previews correctly in normal and full screen mode. In my html page I have it set to transparent which works as it should, but when I go full screen the background changes to a dark Grey and I can't figure out why?

Note-when I save and it previews in Safari it is black and also black in full screen.

Last edited by Philn67 (2012-06-07 17:06:13)

Re: Background Colour Changes in Full Screen

Transparency does not work in fullscreen mode.
If setting your gallery's background to 'transparent', you can select a background color for fullscreen mode by using the Flash param 'bgcolor' as follows:

<!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED.-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
var params={};
params.bgcolor="#222222";
simpleviewer.ready(function () {
simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "100%", "transparent", true, null, params);
});
</script>
<div id="sv-container"></div>
<!-- END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->

... changing '#222222' above to the hexadecimal color code of your choice.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks for the reply Steven, and apologies for what should be something very simple! If I use your example I notice that the flashvars.baseURL is missing, which gives the message XML not found, and var flashvars = {}; is also missing. So I simply copied your line:
var params={}
params.bgcolor="#222222";

and changed the hex value to black, but I still get the same grey. Ive probably put it in the wrong place, as below?

<script type="text/javascript" src="/Users/pwnsolutions/Documents/A. Projects/PhilnortonPhotography/NewWebsite2012/NewWebGalleries/Landscapes/svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
var flashvars = {};
var params={}
params.bgcolor="#000000";
flashvars.baseURL = "/Users/pwnsolutions/Documents/A. Projects/PhilnortonPhotography/NewWebsite2012/NewWebGalleries/Landscapes/";
simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "900px", "transparent", true, flashvars);
});
</script>

I did not know from your original post that your gallery used any 'flashvars' (such as baseURL) so my example simply used the basic embedding code.
Thank you for posting your current code.
Your embedding code should look like this:

<script type="text/javascript" src="/Users/pwnsolutions/Documents/A. Projects/PhilnortonPhotography/NewWebsite2012/NewWebGalleries/Landscapes/svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
    var flashvars={};
    flashvars.baseURL="/Users/pwnsolutions/Documents/A. Projects/PhilnortonPhotography/NewWebsite2012/NewWebGalleries/Landscapes/";
    var params={};
    params.bgcolor="#000000";
        simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "900px", "transparent", true, flashvars, params);
    });
</script>

You did not have the 'params' set as an Embed Code Parameter in the simpleviewer.load line.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.