Topic: I am total newb! Struggling with WP Simple and STD

Thank you for looking all.

I purchased the SimpleViwer PRO. I can connect to my host and log in. But I do not know where to save the folder on my word press based site. Is it in the root of wp-content ? 

As you can see am I a beginner. So I installed WP-Simpleviewer and installed and activated plugin fine and upgraded svcore folder to pro . I now get the following message " Fatal error: Call to undefined function wpcf7_add_tag_generator() in /home/hullwed1/public_html/wp-content/plugins/contact-form-7/modules/text.php on line 152 " I do use contact form but not on the page I have tried to create a gallery.

Thanks you for your help every one.

Regards

Last edited by Quiznite (2012-06-10 13:09:03)

Re: I am total newb! Struggling with WP Simple and STD

Upgrading WP-SimpleViewer from SimpleViewer-Standard to SimpleViewer-Pro should not be the cause of your problem.
The 'svcore' folder is used only when displaying/viewing a gallery. It does not affect the adminintration side of WordPress (the Dashboard) at all.
Do you still get the error if you deactivate WP-SimpleViewer?

I would start by deactivating, uninstalling, reinstalling and reactivating both Contact Form 7 and WP-SimpleViewer.
Then see if thing work OK. If everything is OK at this stage, try upgrading WP-SimpleViewer again (by following the instructions here). Do you now get the error message as before?

Before reinstalling the plugins, I would download fresh versions of each to make sure that you are using the latest versions of both and that all the files are present and correct.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I have investigated further (having installed Contact Form 7 and searched through the WordPress forum) and think I may have found a fix which requires modifying a couple of WP-SimpleViewer files.
Open 'save-gallery.php' in a plain text editor and comment out (by starting the the line of code with //) or remove line 10: require_once($wp_path . $slash . 'wp-load.php');
Open 'config.php' and comment out or remove line 11 (same code as above).

Steven Speirs

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply to me.

Simple viewer is now working fine in wp after editing the code.

I am still after help on where to uploaded gallery folders and the html onto my website if you could spare any ore time.

Thanks again

Ian

Last edited by Quiznite (2012-06-10 16:06:39)

Think I spoke to soon.

The viewer is only allowing 50 images. I copied the pro version of the svcore folder over the free version. Anythings I need to do ?

I am still after help on where to uploaded gallery folders and the html onto my website if you could spare any ore time.

If using WP-SimpleViewer, the gallery is created online via the WordPress Dashboard (see here for details) and there is no gallery folder to upload and no HTML code to insert.

An alternative to using WP-SimpleViewer would be to:
(1) Create a SimpleViewer gallery with the method of your choice
(2) Upload your entire gallery folder to your web server (anywhere will do as long as you know where it is)
(3) Embed the gallery in a post using one of the two methods described here

The viewer is only allowing 50 images. I copied the pro version of the svcore folder over the free version.

Try clearing your browser's cache before reloading your gallery in case your browser is hanging on to (and using) older (i.e. Standard rather than Pro) gallery files.
If this does not help, then you may have copied the Pro 'svcore' folder to the wrong location, the existing 'svcore' folder may not have been overwritten or you may have been using the Standard 'svcore' folder in error.
Make sure you use the 'svcore' folder from the 'simpleviewer_pro_230/web/' folder and try deleting the existing 'svcore' folder from your web server first before uploading the Pro 'svcore' folder in its place.

Steven Speirs