Topic: Unable to get new gallery to display on website

Hello:

I recently removed a image from a gallery and then recreated it with the simpleviewer_ps_cs4 plugin. After the gallery was created, I used svBuilder-Pro 2.3 to apply presets and then saved it (updating the gallery.xml).

I deleted the gallery folder on the remote server and the scripts folder (which is created by Dreamweaver with the files expressInstall.swf and swfobject_modified.js). I opened up the html file where the gallery is embedded, remove the old SWF object and then recreate it so it generates new Script files in Dreamweaver (not sure if this is necessary, but do it anyways) and then upload the entire gallery folder, scripts folder and the html file with the embedded code to the remote server.

The gallery uploads successfully, but it is still showing the old gallery WITHOUT its preset formatting. In addition, the image that I remove shows up in the thumbnails, but when you click on it, it just takes you to a "X" page.

How can the old gallery and image still be showing up on the site when I completely removed them from the remote server along with it's associated files? Why is my new gallery not showing?

Things I have tried:

-Delete temporary internet files
-Try three different browsers with the same results
-Recreated the gallery 3 times using different presets
-Verified that the copies on the remote server are the same as the local copy
-Opened the gallery.xml file to verify that my preset formatting matches waht I want and that the image is not listed in it.

The gallery is located at: http://www.spraywest.net/gallery.html and the image is on the second tab (it will be slightly grayed out)

Thanks

Re: Unable to get new gallery to display on website

Are you absolutely sure that you have cleared your browsers caches?
How many images do you expect to see and when viewing the gallery, what should I look out for to tell whether I am seeing your old or new gallery?
Your gallery currently has 37 images and all thumbnails lead to main images correctly (no crosses are displayed where images should be).

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Apparently I am not clearing the cache correctly. I did Internet Options>Delete and made sure that "Temporary Internet Files" was checked and then hit delete.

I also just noticed that there is a "Preserve Favorites website data". I wonder if that is what was preventing the cache from deleting?

I'm here at work now and you are right, everything looks correct. I'll try clearing the cache properly when I get home and see if that helps.

Thanks!

I wonder if that is what was preventing the cache from deleting?

Possibly, if you have bookmarked your own web site.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Unchecking the "Preserve Favorites website data" when clearing the cache resolved the issue.

Thanks all!

Chris