Topic: Thumbnail images stretched

Thumbnail images on iPad / iPhone are appearing stretched within their squares. On a desktop machine they seem fine. Using v2.3.0

Re: Thumbnail images stretched

How are you creating your gallery?
Also, are the thumbURLs in your gallery's XML file pointing to dedicated thumbnail images or are they pointing to the main images (i.e. the same as the imageURLs)?
Please post the URL to your gallery so that I can take a look.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi - Gallery is here:
www.casamento.co.uk/DG

Thanks

Thank you for posting the URL to your gallery.

As the Mobile Player displays only square thumbnails, make sure that your thumbnail images are actually square.
Then, you can open your gallery's XML file in a plain text editor and modify the values for thumbWidth and thumbHeight.
The Flash Player will use the desired thumbnail dimensions (set via the thumbWidth and thumbHeight) and will crop the thumbnails to these dimensions on-the-fly.
The Mobile Player will simply scale down the entire square thumbnail images without the need for stretching them.

Steven Speirs

Can you not fix it so that the mobile player scales the thumbnail the same as the flash player? I'd rather not have to go through over 600 images making square thumbnails each time I use Simpleviewer! Juicebox doesn't have this problem, but I want to use the layout that Simpleviewer gives me (thumbnails on left of image)?

I have logged a bug report and this will hopefully be fixed in a future version.
In the meantime, the only workaround would be to ensure that the thumbnail images themselves are square, though the thumbWidth and thumbHeight options can be set to any values for the Flash Player display.

Steven Speirs