Topic: Pro reverting to Free?

I purchased pro.  I created a gallery and tested it on test site.  Worked great, looked great.  Copied the entire folder to production server,  Looks ok.  Made another copy in a different folder,  to use as the basis for another gallery.  Seems to now be the trial version.  The SimpleViewer link is back at the bottom-right, th controls are in the upper-left, missing slide-show and download icons.   I checked the xml and index files.  They are identical.  The files in the svcore folder seem identical, and the images in the images and thumbs folders are the same as the ones in the gallery that works.

What's going on?

Re: Pro reverting to Free?

Make sure you clear your browser's cache after making any changes in case your browser is hanging onto (and using) older gallery files.

If you still see the SimpleViewer badge at the bottom-right corner of your gallery, then the gallery is using Standard (rather than Pro) files.
In order to upgrade an existing gallery from SimpleViewer-Standard to SimpleViewer-Pro, replace the gallery's 'svcore' folder with the 'svcore' folder from the SimpleViewer-Pro download zip package ('simpleviewer_pro_230/web/svcore/') as documented here.
If you are in any doubt as to whether the existing Standard 'svcore' folder is being overwritten with the Pro one, try deleting the existing 'svcore' folder from your web server first before uploading the Pro one in its place.

If you continue to experience difficulties, please post the URLs to the galleries in question so that I can take a look.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thank's for the reply. I've discovered the source of the problem. The network people installed a security device called a Barracuda. Apparently it does significant caching and the settings that they were using a setting that didn't refresh on explicit server requests (like CTRL F5). They disconnected it and every thing worked great. Weird coincidence that they installed the Barracuda at the same time I got Pro.

I'm glad your problem has been solved.
Thank you for posting back to let me know.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.