Topic: SimpleViewer requires JavaScript and the Flash Player

Hi, I've read the other threads on this issue - but they dont quite seem relevant.

I'm getting the 'SimpleViewer requires JavaScript and the Flash Player' message when viewing with iPhone - but only on lower speed connections such as 3G. If the iPhone is on any wireless connection it displays fine.

Any ideas?

Page link:
http://www.leslieoakesphotography.co/ga … portraits/

Re: SimpleViewer requires JavaScript and the Flash Player

Certain 3G providers use content modification which breaks SimpleViewer (and many other websites which use JavaScript).
Please see this thread for further details.
Currently, there is no known workaround.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Unfortunately this renders the SimpleViewer useless for me, and I certainly would not have paid for the pro version if I realised that 67% of the mobile viewing audience is unable to view. It doesnt work on 02 (27%), Orange (20%) or TMobile (21%) which is where my 67% is comming from

I really think that the product information on the page http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/pro/ should indicate this as an issue - rather than state that 'SimpleViewer-Pro supports Universal Playback and can be viewed on Windows, Mac, Linux, iPhone, iPad and Android'. This clearly is not true in the majority of cases.

Can I have my money back? I will investigate the possibility of using juicebox as an alternative but I now have no use for the SimpleViewer Pro version that I have recently paid for.

As I stated in the forum thread I linked to, I have contacted the developers regarding this issue.
Unfortunately, as of yet, I have no further information.

Can I have my money back?

Yes, certainly. Please check your email. I have sent you a message. Thank you.

I will investigate the possibility of using juicebox as an alternative but I now have no use for the SimpleViewer Pro version that I have recently paid for.

I suspect that Juicebox will also be affected by content modification as it also uses jQuery in a packed JavaScript file.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.