Topic: Got Pro and does not appear in Lightroom

I got SimpleViewer Pro 230 and it does not show in Lightroom 4. I have to manually export my galleries from Lightroom 4 then reopen then in Simple Pro and the export is nothing like what simple viewer shows me. I contacted the support and got no answer. HELP.

Thanx

Re: Got Pro and does not appear in Lightroom

I got SimpleViewer Pro 230 and it does not show in Lightroom 4.

In order to create a SimpleViewer gallery in Lightroom, please and use TTG SimpleViewer (the SimpleViewer plugin for Lightroom) which can be downloaded from the link on this page.
Instructions for upgrading TTG SimpleViewer from SimpleViewer-Standard (which it comes bundled with) to SimpleViewer-Pro can be found on this page.

Please note the following quote from the page to which I linked above:

Take note, the TTG SimpleViewer engine will only ever offer options permitted by the SimpleViewer free version. To customize Pro galleries created with the TTG SimpleViewer engine, open the published gallery with the svBuilder-Pro application.

I have to manually export my galleries from Lightroom 4 then reopen then in Simple Pro and the export is nothing like what simple viewer shows me.

If you appear to see two very different layouts from the same gallery, please see the following FAQ:
When I view my gallery I see a grid of thumbnails, not the layout I specified. Why?

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

"I see a grid of thumbnails, not the layout I specified..."
So according to support I should manually go and edit my HTML page which I cannot do because I just do not know how.
I am not using Firefox but Safari and if the product cannot properly export a gallery on my desktop (prior upload) without me having the need to tweak its HTML code, then I am sorry but this is no easy software but a developer tool. When I bought it NOTHING mentioned SimpleViewer pro cannot be used in Lightroom. At last, nowhere during the acquisition it is said that HTML coding is required.
Sorry but I need to get what I paid for (45$): a proper working plugin and NOT a stand alone app. If your software can't do that then recredit my transaction.

Thank you and good day.

"I see a grid of thumbnails, not the layout I specified..."

If you do, indeed, see a grid of thumbnails, then your gallery is being displayed by the Mobile Player rather than the Flash Player.
This can happen for one of two reasons.

(1) Adobe Flash Player is not installed and activated in your browser.
You can check if Adobe Flash Player is installed and activated (and, if so, what version) by visiting this page in your browser.

... or:

(2) The useFlash Embed Code Parameter in your gallery's embedding code is set to FALSE, forcing the gallery to be displayed by the Mobile Player, even if Adobe Flash Player is detected.
Open your gallery's 'index.html' page in a plain text editor and search for the simpleviewer.load() line. The fifth parameter in this line (useFlash) should be TRUE in order for the gallery to be displayed by the Flash Player if Adobe Flash Player is detected.

I am not using Firefox but Safari and if the product cannot properly export a gallery on my desktop (prior upload) without me having the need to tweak its HTML code, then I am sorry but this is no easy software but a developer tool.

The default value for the useFlash parameter is TRUE so you would need to have changed it to FALSE (for example, in svBuilder-Pro, this can be done by deselecting the 'Use Flash' checkbox in the 'Customize -> Embed Options' section of the application's interface) for it to be set as such.
The most likely explanation for you seeing a grid of thumbnails is that there is a problem with your Adobe Flash Player installation in your Safari browser.

When I bought it NOTHING mentioned SimpleViewer pro cannot be used in Lightroom.

Just to clarify for others reading this post, it is possible to create SimpleViewer-Pro galleries in Lightroom. The galleries will not have the SimpleViewer-Standard branding and the 50-image limit will be lifted.
However, in order to incorporate SimpleViewer-Pro configuration options, it is necessary to open and edit the gallery in svBuilder-Pro (which comes with SimpleViewer-Pro). This is documented on this TTG SimpleViewer support page.

At last, nowhere during the acquisition it is said that HTML coding is required.

A SimpleViewer-Pro gallery can be created and edited fully using svBuilder-Pro without any knowledge of HTML.
HTML coding would be required only if you wish to embed the gallery in an existing web page alongside other content (and that would involve only copying and pasting a chunk of code that is provided by svBuilder-Pro).

We provide svBuilder-Pro as a one-stop solution for creating and editing SimpleViewer-Pro galleries with no programming knowledge required and this is included in the SimpleViewer-Pro download zip package.
Other methods of creating galleries have been provided via plugins (such as TTG SimpleViewer, which, incidentally, was not written by ourselves) as a convenience for users of other programs (such as Lightroom, Picasa and Photoshop).

Sorry but I need to get what I paid for (45$): a proper working plugin and NOT a stand alone app. If your software can't do that then recredit my transaction.

Issuing you with a refund would not be a problem. Please check your email. I have sent you a message. Thank you.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.