Topic: Is it possible to set linkTarget?

I'm using svManager to build my galleries and want the image URL click to open the new window on top of the main window, i.e. target='_self', but cannot find where to set this. I tried modifying the definition for linkTarget default in settings.php and/or setting.ini but it did not work (is this a related problem?).

Re: Is it possible to set linkTarget?

The link target is set for individual gallery types. You don't say which kind of gallery you are using but I'm guessing it's SimpleViewer.

Edit the file svmanager/plugins/simpleviewer2/settings.php and find the following line:

define('SV2_IMAGE_LINK_TARGET', '');

Change this to:

define('SV2_IMAGE_LINK_TARGET', '_self');

For existing galleries, you'll need to go to the svManager images screen and update it.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

jack wrote:

For existing galleries, you'll need to go to the svManager images screen and update it.

jack

Thanks for your reply Jack. Sorry, don't see where the linkTarget can be set from the Images screen.

You need to change the settings file first. Nothing will show until you save the images again. So you just need to go to the images screen and click on update. This should save your new linkTarget to each image entry in the gallery xml file. You can browse to the xml file to check.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

jack wrote:

You need to change the settings file first. Nothing will show until you save the images again. So you just need to go to the images screen and click on update. This should save your new linkTarget to each image entry in the gallery xml file. You can browse to the xml file to check.

jack

That totally worked! Thank you very much.
EDS