Topic: Upgraded to Wordpress 3.4, and my galleries disappeared

My web site: http://www.charleseubanks.com/

I just upgraded to WP 3.4, and now my gallery pages say "SimpleViewer requires JavaScript and the Flash Player. Get Flash."  Unchecking "use flash" in the Edit Gallery screen doesn't help.  Same error message.

I'm using SimpleViewer 2.3.0.

EDIT: for the time being, I modified my page to use the standard Wordpress gallery, but I left the Simpleviewer short link in place for debugging purposes.

Last edited by cha4les (2012-06-18 20:03:42)

Re: Upgraded to Wordpress 3.4, and my galleries disappeared

It looks like the JavaScript within your theme is conflicting with the JavaScript within SimpleViewer.
The problem seems to be caused by the following line/file:

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.charleseubanks.com/wp-content/themes/thematic/library/scripts/thematic-dropdowns.js"></script>

You could try the following, which might help.
Open the file 'thematic-dropdowns.js' in a plain text editor and change the code from:

jQuery.noConflict();
jQuery(document).ready(function(){ 
    jQuery("ul.sf-menu").supersubs({ 
        minWidth:    12,                                // minimum width of sub-menus in em units 
        maxWidth:    27,                                // maximum width of sub-menus in em units 
        extraWidth:  1                                  // extra width can ensure lines don't sometimes turn over 
                                                        // due to slight rounding differences and font-family 
    }).superfish({ 
        delay:       400,                               // delay on mouseout 
        animation:   {opacity:'show',height:'show'},    // fade-in and slide-down animation 
        speed:       'fast',                            // faster animation speed 
        autoArrows:  false,                             // disable generation of arrow mark-up 
        dropShadows: false                              // disable drop shadows 
    }); 
});

... to:

var j=jQuery.noConflict();
j(document).ready(function(){ 
    j("ul.sf-menu").supersubs({ 
        minWidth:    12,                                // minimum width of sub-menus in em units 
        maxWidth:    27,                                // maximum width of sub-menus in em units 
        extraWidth:  1                                  // extra width can ensure lines don't sometimes turn over 
                                                        // due to slight rounding differences and font-family 
    }).superfish({ 
        delay:       400,                               // delay on mouseout 
        animation:   {opacity:'show',height:'show'},    // fade-in and slide-down animation 
        speed:       'fast',                            // faster animation speed 
        autoArrows:  false,                             // disable generation of arrow mark-up 
        dropShadows: false                              // disable drop shadows 
    }); 
});
Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.