Topic: Menu of simpleviewer galleries

What I find missing in simpleviewer is a sort of menu of simpleviewer galleries to choose from. In the slideshow discussion, tomcraig talks of the SlideShowPro application (http://www.slideshowpro.net/) which has that kind of thing. If you click in the icon in the left bottom, a kind of menu scrolls up showing al the photo galleries of the site. You can choose one of the galleries or just go back to the one you came from. This would be great to be the "start page" of the flash application, giving users the chance to pick the gallery that they want to see.

This could be a separate flash application, that uses the simpleviewer application.

Re: Menu of simpleviewer galleries

You can already do this in Simple Viewer Pro. See the mulitple gallery examples in the Flash Embed folder of the download.

Richard

in order to better assist you, please provide a url, relevant code and details about your problem.
Thanks!

The only caveat being that you have to create your own menu in Flash to navigate between galleries.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi there,
I am having problems trying load multiple galleries inside a container Flash movie.
If a put the simple viewer files in the same folder as my main movie.fla, it works by loadMovieNum, but if I create a folder and trying to call the movie through a getURL action or a loadMovieNum doesn't work.

Could anybody help???

Thanks a lot

Check the '/examples/Flash Embed/multiple_galleries.fla' in the SV-PRO download.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi Felix,

I have looked into the forum and the topics in the Pro version but there isn't a link to download the information about embed SV into Flash:
Check the example file here: examplesFlash Embedmultiple_galleries.fla

Do I have to buy the Pro version in order to view the code?

Or could you tell me the action script path that I have to give to my button in my main movie in flash so I can call a swf file in a folder call arquitectura?
I have been tryin numerous times in diferent ways by LoadMovieNum:

on (press) {
gotoAndStop("arquitecture");
loadMovieNum("/arquitectura/arquitectura.swf", 1);
unloadMovieNum(2);
}

I have tried taking the forward slash, putting to dots in front, without the slash, etc...

I can load one gallery if a put all the elements of SV in the same folder as my main movie:
on (press) {
gotoAndStop("arquitecture");
loadMovieNum("stills.swf", 1);
unloadMovieNum(2);
}

Could anyone help thanks a million.

Agus

It would be nice to have a sort of "container" module containing a folder on the server into which you just drop your individual albums, with the container module being the main page and automatically generating a navigation menu you can use to browse into each gallery.  This would require no effort on the part of the user... just generate a new gallery and drop it into the right place on the server, and the container module does the rest.  This is a feature that bananalbum has (am I allowed to mention that name here?)... would be nice to have that possibility with the airtight galleries too.

Mike