Topic: gallery xml not found in firefox

Hi, I'm using firefox 13, just updated Flash player, js is enabled.

Using the default gallery build (sv-builder 2.3.0) I can run my galleries fine in IE and chrome, but get this xml not found message with firefox. The index, gallery files are in the gallery directory, everything default.

It was working until yesterday, when I updated a gallery.

The web URL is though this isn't working either on the web or locally, and the web version doesn't go on either of my two laptops.

I'm mystified - please advise!

--- sorry, just seen this should be in the non-pro section

Last edited by pfogle (2012-06-24 08:41:15)

Re: gallery xml not found in firefox

All 5 of your galleries display OK in Firefox 13.0.1 on my PC (both with and without Adobe Flash Player enabled).
If you have made any changed to your galleries recently, try clearing your browser's cache before reloading the galleries.

sorry, just seen this should be in the non-pro section

No. Problem. I've moved the thread into the appropriate forum.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi Steven, thanks for your prompt reply. I'm relieved to find out it works on your firefox, as that means that for some reason, either js or flash is failing on both my laptops. I can't figure it out, can you suggest any diagnostics I could try?

this is the directory structure, as you can see it's pretty vanilla. The gallery index pages have a header table and the embedded player at the bottom;

<script type="text/javascript" src="svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
    simpleviewer.ready(function () {
        simpleviewer.load('sv-container', '100%', '90%', '000000', true);
<div id="sv-container"></div>

The following FAQ deals with the usual problems associated with the 'Gallery XML Not Found.' message.
When I view my gallery I see the message 'Gallery XML Not Found'. How do I fix this?
However, your website structure looks OK and I do not see the message when I view your galleries.
If there was a problem with your Adobe Flash Player installation, you would see the gallery displayed by the Mobile Player rather than the Flash Player (not the 'Gallery XML Not Found.' message).
If JavaScript was disabled in your browser, you would see just a blank area where the gallery would be (again, not the 'Gallery XML Not Found.' message).
This leads me to believe that your browser(s) may be hanging onto and using older gallery files which perhaps point to XML files that no longer exist on your web server.
Make sure that you completely clear your browser's cache ('Tools -> Clear Recent History...') before reloading the galleries.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

thanks, Steve, in the end I was having other problems with java or flash in Firefox, and re-installing didn't fix it, so I did a complete rebuild of both machines and everything's fine. I guess I'll never know what the problem was!

thanks for the help tho, I really like the viewer.

ps I did try clearing the cache, no avail. But the Independent crossword failed (java) and embedded videos in Flash players also wouldn't play. So Firefox seems to have got really messed up! I didn't go digging in the registry though, seemed easier just to rebuild.

Last edited by pfogle (2012-06-25 12:21:14)