Topic: SimpleViewer and NextGen Gallery

I'd really like to get SimpleViewer working so that it can use a NextGen gallery as it's source.  Currently there are only options for Wordpress Gallery or Flickr.

I found a great post which seems to provide most of what I need, but it's a year old now and as I don't use Flash on my site the sample code for Flash doesn't apply. http://www.simpleviewer.net/forum/viewt … 293#p36293

My reason for wanting this is that I'm a photographer and therefore want to upload a lot of images.  If I have to upload these to Wordpress they end up in my Media and it makes it a nightmare to manage images that actually relate to site content rather than customers.

I created a gallery using svBuilder Pro which doesn't use flash and got the following embed code

<!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->
    <script type="text/javascript" src="svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    simpleviewer.ready(function () {
        simpleviewer.load('sv-container', '100%', '100%', '222222', false);
    });
    </script>
    <div id="sv-container"></div>
    <!--END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->

So now I want to specify a php file to use as the source, however the use of flashvars in the post isn't going to work for me

var flashvars={};
flashvars.galleryURL="gallery.php";
simpleviewer.ready(function () {
simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "100%", "222222", true, flashvars);
});

Can anyone suggest a solution for this, I'm sure others would find it useful as this simply makes Simpleviewer more powerful!

Thanks
Andy

Re: SimpleViewer and NextGen Gallery

I'd really like to get SimpleViewer working so that it can use a NextGen gallery as it's source.

With regard to using a NextGEN gallery as a source of images for a WP-SimpleViewer gallery, my post from this forum thread still holds true.

So now I want to specify a php file to use as the source, however the use of flashvars in the post isn't going to work for me

This can be done by modifying the 'wp-simpleviewer.php' file within WP-SimpleViewer.
You could open the file in a plain text editor and change line 848 from:

flashvars$gallery_id.galleryURL = "$gallery_file_url";

... to:

flashvars$gallery_id.galleryURL = "http:///www.example.com/gallery/gallery.php";

... though this would be applied to all galleries created with the plugin.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I just thought I'd update this and let you know that I've now got a fully working integration between NextGen and Simpleviewer, barring the inclusion of some Pro settings I simply haven't got round to yet.

I've added a new source type called 'NextGen' which tells Simpleviewer to use the nggSimpleViewXML file from the abandoned nggSimpleViewer plugin by Alex Rabe.  That file has required some changes as it doesn't fit the current format used by SimpleViewer, but once this was done it was ready to go.

The interesting part for me has been the changes to wp-simpleviewer.php to detect an extra option in the XML output called e_useNextGen that I created and change it's behaviour accordingly.

If anyone at SimpleViewer would be interested in getting hold of the fully working code, I'd be more than happy to help out.  I'm no PHP expert, intact this is the first time I've tried something like this, but it works and would be a good platform for an official modification to Simpleviewer.

Thanks
Andy

I am glad you have found a solution to your problem but I think it is unlikely that we will see NextGEN functionality incorporated within WP-SimpleViewer.

Steven Speirs

The latest version of WP-SimpleViewer (v2.3.1) now supports NextGEN Galleries as a source of images.
WP-SimpleViewer can be download from this web page.

Steven Speirs