Topic: Gallery jumping around on thumbnail rollover

Try rolling over the thumbnails from left to right. When you get to A the thumbnails jump down then up when you rollout then down again at B. If you rollover the two tree images between A and B the stage goes crazy.  It appears Simpleviewer is aligning the thumbnails to the top of the image so when you get to the smaller image size at A everything moves. I am unclear why everything jiggles left and right when you hover over an image between A and B.  Do I need to "float" something or layout the stage differently or resize images or ?

Thanks

Actually, one explanation for the jiggle jump could be that the two tree images are different widths and since Simpleviewer is repositioning the thumbnails along with the change in images sizes it is also repositioning the hover buttons too so that it thinks the mouse is moving back and forth between the two images when in fact it is stationary. How do I restructure this gallery?

Last edited by sarova (2012-06-25 19:56:02)

Re: Gallery jumping around on thumbnail rollover

You have set thumbPosition="TOP" but you have also set lockTopStack="FALSE" so the Top Stack (containing the thumbnails) will move and resize to match to the current image size. Instead, set lockTopStack="TRUE".
A description of the lockTopStack option can be found in the General section of the 'SimpleViewer-Pro Config Options' page.
The SimpleViewer-Pro Layout Guide has more information about locking stacks.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: Gallery jumping around on thumbnail rollover

Steven Speirs wrote:

You have set thumbPosition="TOP" but you have also set lockTopStack="FALSE" so the Top Stack (containing the thumbnails) will move and resize to match to the current image size. Instead, set lockTopStack="TRUE".
A description of the lockTopStack option can be found in the General section of the 'SimpleViewer-Pro Config Options' page.
The SimpleViewer-Pro Layout Guide has more information about locking stacks.

Thanks! Good job.